#43

Chris's P.O.V

I could see the shock and fear in Brianna's eyes. It was clear that she was as terrified as I am. Eric was in the same gang as James. That's very very bad news. We are talking about the gang which threatened to kill Jenny and forced James to leave her. And the same gang that ruined Bri's childhood. Oh god. Can her life get any more complicated? 

"Are...are you sure James...??"

"Yes, Briana. I am. My dad came up with that symbol. He thought it looked 'cool'."

I was waiting for Bri to say something more, but her lips remained still. I could see her eyes tearing up. Man, I hate to see her like this. 

I reach out to hold her hand and make her sit on one of the sofas. She didn't even look at me in that moment. This is not good. 

"Hey, sunshine! It's going to be OK. We will find a way to deal with this. Don't you worry. We always figure things out together...me you Beck and Mimi...right??" I tried my best to get a reaction out of her...she was way too calm right now...which is even worse.
She just nodded.

Beck and Jenny entered the room and sensed that something is up.

"Hey...whats wrong?" 

James explained them the whole scene. They were not too thrilled either.

"So now what?" Jenny looked at all of us.

"I will talk to Eric..." What??

"WHAT...!?!?!?!?!?!" Everyone, including me, looked at Bri as if she had grown a second head.

"Have you lost your mind?" Beck yelled.

"Do you know what you are even talking about?" Jenny screamed.

"That's insane." James breathed out.

I didn't know what to say or think.

"Yes. I am going to talk to him. And ask him what is it that he wants from me...once and for all. I am done guessing his next step. I am tired of living in fear every single day, thinking what he is going to do next. I am exhausted of beating around the bush. We want to know what he wants, right? So we are going to do exactly that. Confront him."

None of them said anything. Because as much as we hate this idea, we all know that somewhere somehow this is the only way left.

"How?" I asked the only thing I could think of.

"Through Oliver. He used to be my and Eric's bestie during high school. He was the first person I went to when Eric ran away. But even he didn't know where he was. After knowing about my pregnancy, he used to drop by often to check up on me..."

"But what if he is the reason Eric is behind you again?" Beck read my mind.

"He is a nice guy. I know him since middle school. He has nothing to do with me being in this situation. He was the one who helped us in the fight remember Chris? He didn't seem like a threat to you then...?"

"...Yeah...I guess."

"I will just ask him to contact Eric and tell him that I want to meet him."

"But that's not at all safe. What if he tries to attack you. Or tries to hurt you. You are in your last month for God's sake. Think about the baby at least." Jenny was crying now.

"I am. That's why I want it to be done before my due date. So that I can keep my baby out of this. And he won't hurt me. If he ever wanted to do that, he would have done it by now."

I hate how every word coming from her mouth makes so much sense. I don't want to admit it, but she is right.

"I don't know about this Bri. This doesn't seem safe and I don't think we can trust that asshole." Beck looked at me for support but I just looked away.