Rebirth of Firestorm

The team is looking at the biggest breach in Central City, which just so happened to end up in their labs.

"Pretty amazing, isn't it?" Barry asks Peter looking at the big clue ball of energy.

"There are 52 breaches in Central City and somehow the biggest one of them just happened to end up in our basement." Peter replies in complete shock and yet unsurprised at the same time.

"We need a name for it." Cisco tells them. "It's not exactly a pet, Cisco." Barry tells him. "No, it's a wormhole." He tells them.

"This isn't just a wormhole, it's my way home." Jay tells them and they think if Zoom could use it to get to their world, they can do the same.

"If Zoom uses the breaches, why can't we?" Jay explains and they just don't know how how he does it.

"I mean, we don't know how. Everything I put through, just bounces back." Cisco tells them and Barry gets an idea. "If Zoom is using these breaches to transport people from Earth-2, maybe it takes a speedster." Barry says and speeds to get a running start.

"Is he gonna..?" Cisco wonders, thinking this is a bad idea.

"Yeah, I think he is." Peter answers Cisco's unspoken question as Barry speeds at the portal and is immediately flown backwards.

"Maybe I'm not fast enough." Barry suggests while Peter is regretting not recording that.

"I don't believe your speed is the entirety of the issue, Barry." Peter replies as Stein was thinking the same.

"It might be the breach's stability or lack thereof." Cisco suggests and they agree.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost." May tells them.

"Think if it like a door, and on the second earth, there is a second door. Between that is a hallway that is constantly shifting between other worlds, collapsing in on itself." Peter tries expains and that she understands.

"So we stabilize the door, stabilize the hallway, and then anything or anyone could go through it?" May asks him and they see she's right.

"How's Stein doing?" Peter wonders and they wonder the same.

Upstairs, Caitlin and Iris are working on Stein as his head burst into flames like Firestorm. "He's dropping out." Caitlin says as they attach the Firestorm device on his chest and reconfigure it to steady him.

"This isn't normal. Even from what I've seen about him. Cisco was able to do what he could to re-engineer dr. Wells' original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but we don't know where he got the power source." Caitlin explains to her and they don't know how long it's gonna last.

The team comes back from the basement, to the cortex and Caitlin has an idea to save Stein as Peter had to go back to Mercury labs for work.

"When the particle accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matrix and altered the normal molecular process that occurs within his body. Those highly reactive molecular needed something to bond with in order to stabilize." Caitlin explains and shows them.

"And that's where Ronnie came in." Cisco recaps. "Yes, And now that Ronnie is no longer a part of Professor Stein, the molecules don't have anything to bond with. And the longer he gi s without merging, the more unstable he becomes." Caitlin finishes and they see that they need a replacement Ronnie to save Stein.

"Okay, so how do we do that? Are we gonna make a Tinder app for potential metahumans? 'Cause I'm pretty sure merging with Stein and randomly bursting into flames sounds like the biggest 'swipe left' of all time." Cisco tells her.