Betrayed

Cisco and HR were shot to the other side of the window as Peter was thrown against the wall and was knocked unconscious.

"You okay?" Cisco asks HR as they scramble to get back up.

"We...we should go." HR says as Killer Frost starts blasting more ice at them as they run through the labs. "Wait, where's Peter?"

"He can handle himself." Cisco knows as they run for it.

"Oh, boys..." frost calls out in a singsong voice. "Where are you?"

They make it to the pipeline and the two of them hide inside of it.

The two try calming themselves while singing Sweet Chariot when the doors open up and they're met with Killer Frost.

"Hey, dummies. My palms can still works." Frost informs them.

"I don't want to have to do this." Cisco tells her while raising his hands to her.

"I know you don't. But I do." Frost informs them.

"Do you?" Peter's voice calls and causes Frost to flinch.

They all turn and see Peter in the walkway to the pipeline, clutching his shoulder from the attack when Frost sent him flying and he's painting from the run down to the pipeline.

"You don't wanna do this, Caitlin." Peter tells her.

"What makes you so sure of that?" Frost asks him as he walks up her and she does the same to him.

"Because you had the chance to kill me...and I watched as you hesitated. I know you. You know me...we wouldn't do anything to hurt each other." Peter says and watches as her cold eyes start to break as he sees he's right.

"You know, you should have spent more time finding a cure for what ails me." Frost tells him, trying to act cold but Peter can see right through those eyes. The eyes that show confidence to hide her fear.

"I love you, Caitlin. I would do anything for you." Peter promises while cupping her face in his hands and she's trying to mentally fight back. "You're stronger than this...stronger than her. I know you are, and I know who you are."

The moment gets interrupted by Barry speeding in and Frost pushing back their process as Frost goes cold again.

"Come to save the day, Flash?" Frost asks him. "Good, now I can get rid of all of you." She says and tries blasting him when Barry pushes her.

"No!" Peter shouts when Frost makes an ice wall and Barry phases trough it and Peter quickly uses his strength to smash it.

By the time Barry got through the building, Frost has made her escape.

-

Everyone has done anything they could to track her, but since it's snowing they can't track her cold signature.

"Maybe we should just take five." Barry offers.

"No, sorry. Not happening." Peter tells him. "Caitlin's out there. And I've gotta find her. And I have a feeling I can't do that here." He states and moves to his portion of the labs with a large bag on his shoulder.

"What?" Iris asks, confused to what he means.

"You're quitting?" Barry asks Peter as he packs his gear and suit.

"Well, let's recap the past few months shall we, Barry. You created Flashpoint, causing Wally to get powers who ends up releasing the God of Speed, you traveled to the future by accident and saw something that you just might cause to happen, and planned on letting criminals go to save one person. You released Savitar in your attempt to stop him, got Jay trapped in the Speedforce, and now Caitlin is Killer Frost because you messed with the timeline and I knew I could get through to her and you stoped me!" Peter recaps to him all the events that have occurred as he finishes packing and gets in Barry's face with anger written all over him. "You've been so focused on saving Iris, you forgot that there are other people on this planet that need protecting. We're heroes, meaning we put others first. Everyone first. Not just one person. When I choose to save someone, I know I can't save someone else. When you do it, you're paying god. I've been helping people and been trying to save Iris for you, and guess what? I failed to save the love of my life. It's time for me to go swing solo again, focus on helping Caitlin." He says and starts leaving remembering his future self told him to choose Caitlin, maybe this is what he meant.