Return of the city of the apes

Caitlin had spent the night at Peter's new place he moved into, now that he has the money to afford it. Which was a habit that was becoming frequent to the point Caitlin can't remember the last time she slept at her place.

It was hard to resist the temptation of waking up in the morning curled up against Peter's side, his arm around her back and sleep still masking his face. It was that he was just too darn cute when he was drowsy in Caitlin's eyes.

Today, however, Caitlin woke up to an empty bed and the sound of flipping and grunts coming from downstairs. The sound was a bit worrying, thinking at first some criminal learned Peter's identity and they were fighting, but since there were no crashes or cries of pain that meant that there wasn't a Spider-Man battle going on.

She threw on Peter's long sweater that was draped over his desk chair and walked downstairs, yawning while rubbing her eyes.

Normally, Caitlin was the kind of person that could easily get out at 5 am, but she and Peter had stayed up rather late last night...let's just say talking, and she was looking forward to sleeping in a little.

"Peter?" Caitlin murmured blearily, stepping off the last step and shivering a little as her bare foot hit the tile.

"Good morning!" Peter called back with a huge grin on his face, sliding the last plates of breakfast down onto the kitchen island.

The entire room was covering with pink and white and red decorations, complete with some heart shaped balloons tied to the couch to where Caitlin blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

Was there a holiday that she had forgotten about? Their anniversary?

"Good morning...seem to be in a pretty good mood for someone who is up at six in the morning." Caitlin informs him. Usually, Peter's the type of guy who wouldn't get up until at least noon if he needed to.

"Yes I am!" Peter said brightly when he eyed her in concern. "Sorry, was I too loud? I did make breakfast. We got pancakes and waffles and May's perfect french toast recipe, and I picked up some of those caramel lattes that you love so much from Jitters, and I might've asked May to come by and make sure I didn't burn the place. Picked the lattes up while I went swinging around to get the morning cleared of any crimes."

"Peter Parker, what has gotten into you?" Caitlin wonders, her entire chest feeling warm with pleasure as she stared around his pretty, decorated apartment and her over energized boyfriend.

"I just realized that I finally have the chance to do things like this. You being my first real girlfriend ever since high school. Even then, I was still bad." Peter mumbled that last bit, as an adorably happy smile comes back on his face. "Also...Happy Valentine's Day."

"C'mere," Caitlin said, and he walked over to her. She kissed him gently, arms around his waist, before pulling back and staring lovingly at him. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Peter said, kissing her again. Then he jabbed a thumb over his shoulder. "So...do you actually want some of this?"

"Heck yeah." Caitlin responded as her stomach growled. "I can never pass up May's french toast." She says as they sit down to eat.

-

When the two of them arrived at STAR Labs, both stuffed and about an hour later, they found it looking rather similar to Peter's living room.

"Wowww..." Barry murmured, staring around at the heavily decorated Speed Lab. "What a transformation. Again!"

"So, this is HR's contribution to the team?" Jesse asked, eyebrows raised as she walked in beside Wally. "Being Martha Stewart?"