Nightmares

This was it.

There was turning back now.

Peter was finally going to do it.

He is going to confess to Caitlin how he feels about her.

Peter had asked Caitlin to meet him at Jitters to talk and he just needs to think of what to say.

Harry, Barry and Cisco are busy at Star labs, while Joe and Iris are showing his son Wallace West around the city so he knows he wouldn't be called away suddenly.

"Peter, you made it. I got you a Spider-special, because you like to gloat at times." Caitlin jokes and Peter laughs with her.

"What can I say? They make my name taste good." Peter says remembering he said the same thing before while going against dr. Light and takes a sip from the cup.

"So, what did you want or talk about?" Caitlin asks since she doesn't know why he asked her here.

Peter thinks for a minute and goes with what he wanted to say for the past year.

"Caitlin, for the past year and a half I've been working with you, I've been developing something I can't explain." Peter starts off, trying his best to express himself. "I've been spending my life feeling like I was destined for loneliness. But then, I met you and I don't feel so lonely anymore. What I'm trying to say, Cait, it's that...I love you." Peter says, ripping of the bandage fast. Like people advice others.

Caitlin looks shocked at the statement and Peter sees he made a mistake.

"I know you probably don't feel the same, but I've been holding these feelings in for the past year and I thought it was time for you to know-" Peter was saying when he gets interrupted by Caitlin just leaning over the table and kissing him, shutting him up.

"I've been trying to say the same thing to you for a while, Peter." Caitlin says and Peter is overjoyed and they kiss once again.

But the moment is immediately interrupted with Zoom grabbing Caitlin and speeding to the roof.

Peter leaps and climbs up to see Jay holding Caitlin over the ledge.

"Jay, put her down!" Peter warns him, not wanting Caitlin to be harmed.

"Peter Parker, everything you love, everyone you care about, will perished." Jay says, using the demonic voice and drops Caitlin.

"Caitlin!!" Peter yells while trying to run and save her, but Zoom grabs him by the neck and starts chocking the life out of him, while his claws dig into his neck.

"I warned you." Zoom states and starts vibrating his hand and enters Peter's chest.

-

Peter wakes up in a jult and looks to see he's still in Cisco's workshop and remembers he was helping Harry work on a way to slow Zoom down.

"You okay there?" Harry asks Peter, while the hero catches his breath.

"You know those dreams that you think are real, so you start thinking that you're still dreaming?" Peter asks Harry.

"You had me at realistic dream, lost me at still dreaming." Harry tells him as they stand in silence for a while.

"You want to talk about it?" Harry asks Peter, who's surprised to see he cares.

"No, I'm fine. It was just one of those nights." Peter replies, wanting to forget the nightmare.

"Seemed pretty intense. It was Zoom, wasn't it?" Harry asks and Peter nods to him that's right. "He took someone from you, didn't he?" Harry asks again, and this time, Peter nods in agreement.