【22】Lost In Time

Aviraj's Pov:

Aviraj's Pov:

"What brings you here?" I looked at Abhyudit, seeing him standing in front on me.

"I don't need reasons to meet my brother. Or do I?" He questioned me back, trying to sound offended. Shaking my head at his words, I turned my back towards him, fixing my eyes on the sky.

"You look stressed. Isn't the issue at your company over?" Walking ahead, he stood next to me. As I told him the events that occurred in the past twenty-four hours, he listened to me curiously. The smirk plastered on his face was not missed by me and I knew there was something going in his witty mind.

"Get it out, Abhi." I said to him, not taking his silence for long.

"It is strange how crucial data of the company easily reached an unrelated employee." He said, trying to connect the dots, making me narrow my eyes at him. Here he goes.

"You better come to the point."

"You were aware of Khurana's intentions since long. So, were you playing him?" He stood facing me, observing me keenly. "Did you intentionally let that information slip?" He continued, calculating his words and amusement flickered across my features, hearing him.

"Interesting theory, but you know me better than that." I replied with a smirk, patting his shoulder in response.

"Exactly, I do. It's just that I don't get why you would take such risk." He replied, sounding serious. I must admit he is the only one who tries to read me, beyond what he sees. And I like and dislike this thing about him at the same time.

"He needed to make a mistake, which he did. He thought he could deceive me, but he had no idea he was walking into his own downfall."

I told him after a pause, collecting my thoughts. He was right, I was aware of Khurana's motives since long. Everything unfolded under my watch, yet according to his plan. My gaze traveled to Abhyudit and I could say he was not satisfied with my answer.

"You are holding back...there is more to it."

"Maybe you are overthinking." I smiled at his persistence. "Let's go downstairs and grab a drink." I added, changing the topic.

"Fine." He replied with a sulking face and followed me, getting the clue to drop the conversation.

As we reached the bar, my phone pinged with a message from Tarini that the driver I sent had arrived to pick her up. I had asked her to inform me earlier. I turned my head up to see Abhyudit's gaze traveling to me from the screen.

"I am hoping everything is alright between you and Bhabhi, now." He said, offering me the glass which I accepted.

"We did talk and I cleared few things but she's unwilling to hear me out, let alone trust me. We are at a point where even simple things are complicated." I told him, running my fingers through my hair.