Chapter 8-Attacked

Tom had dinner all planed in the woods. It was so sweet, the candles lit up the darkness just enough so we could see each other, and only each other. He had his back up again the trunk of a tree, me in his lap. It was so cute, we just kinda sat there, talking.

Time ticked away, and eventually the candles burned out.

"I wonder if the other Gladers are gonna fangirl," Thomas laughs.

"I know Newt will!" I laugh.

Thomas laughed.

"Do you think I could be a Runner?" I asked him.

He grew silent and stared at the ground.

"I don't want you to be a Runner. Besides you get chosen," He said after a moment or two.

"Chosen by who? Because I bloody know that Mr. Sass Man, you, and Newt will say no," I said.

"Well your right about that part. I don't want you to get stung or hurt or anything,"

"But I won't. I'm fast, Tom. Just give me a test run. Please," I said, giving puppy dog eyes.

"No. Be a Track-Hoe with Newt so that way I know you're safe," He spoke. "Or a Med-Jack with Jeff and Clint,"

"Fine. Wouldn't want to upset my bloody boyfriend," I said.

"Thank you, Bridgette!" Thomas said, giving me a giant bear hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Thomas's P.O.V.•

This is awesome. I have the girl that I love. Don't judge, I know she only came up in the Box three days ago, but who doesn't believe in love at first sight?

I still can't believe Chuck gets my dessert for a week though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

               •Bridgette's P.O.V.•

               I woke up the next morning thinking yesterday was a bloody dream. But no, Thomas was there, standing next to my hammock, smiling at me.

              "I've got to go into the Maze, Munchkin," He said. "I'll see you when I come back,"

              "Don't get hurt," I said.

              "I won't," He responded. Then he ran into to the Doors, and soon into the Maze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             "So, how was last night?" Newt said when I walked into the Gardens.

            "Amazingly awesome! He had candles that dotted the ground and it was just amazing!" I said.

          "Aww...that's so sweet," Newt said.

          I started to doze off and look at the Maze Doors.

          "What if there was another way out?" I thought.

          "Hey, Newt?" I asked him, still looking at the Doors.

          "What?" He asked.

         "Are you guys sure that through the Maze is the only way out?" I asked, this time actually looking at him.