58

A week had passed, and during that week, Felix had constantly been cuddling with Changbin, feeling as if he cuddled with him some sort of guilt would leave him for hurting his boyfriend. Felix hadn't had time to text Hongjoong since he was busy with work and Changbin. That was until it was a weekend, and Felix didn't work, but Changbin did. The freckled male had decided to invite his friend over to his house to hang out.

Hongjoong was soon over in Felix's room cuddling with his friend before speaking. "How did it go, sunshine?" He asked as he continuously ran his fingers through the younger's hair with a smile. "The what?" The blonde haired male asked, knowing what his friend was talking about, but wanting to stall. "Breaking up with Changbin." The older replied, earning silence before speaking again. "Sunshine?" Felix hummed in response as his friend looked down to see the freckled male's facial expression, seeing a neutral expression with sad eyes on the younger.

"What happened, beautiful?" Felix just snuggled his face against Hongjoong's chest and didn't respond. "Baby?" "I.... I couldn't do it." The freckled male quietly confessed. "He was crying so much. He was begging me not to break up with him. He told me not to leave him. He told me he still loved me. He told me not to be like his mom. I didn't mean to sound like his mom. He said..... he said he was going to kill himself if I left him. I don't want that to happen. Joong, I'm sorry. Please dont get mad." The younger explained as his voice cracked, and he teared up.

Hongjoong shook his head in disapproval, not wanting to believe what was just said about the blonde getting manipulated to stay in a relationship. He held his friend tightly and closely in a comforting manner before speaking. "It's okay, my sunshine. I'm not mad at you. I won't get mad at you for something like this. It's not your fault, beautiful." "But I failed. I want to be your boyfriend. I promised you I wouldn't have you waiting for too long. I'm such a terrible person. I'm a liar."

The older shook his head as a no before gently kissing the freckled male's forehead. "You didn't fail, lovely. I'm proud of you for trying to break up with someone as stubborn as Changbin. You didn't promise me any of that, Lix. It's okay. You're not a terrible person for putting other people's emotions before yours. You're amazing. You're also not a liar, beautiful." Hongjoong reassured as he kissed his friend's hand.

"I didn't want Changbin to kill himself. I.... I didn't mean to make him think that way. I just didn't want to keep leading him on." "Baby, I get what you mean. Don't blame yourself. You don't control how he thinks. It's okay, beautiful. Don't worry about anything. I'll be here waiting for you." "But, I want to be your boyfriend already. I don't want you to wait." Felix sniffled as he looked up at his friend, the older seeing the freckled male's tears, the sight absolutely breaking his heart.

The two friends looked at each other before finally kissing. "Then be my boyfriend, lovely. You've told Changbin you don't love him already. You shouldn't force yourself to not be with someone else just because of someone you don't love anymore. He shouldn't expect you to not cheat after you already told him how you feel, and he couldn't let go." Hongjoong spoke after the kiss, kissing the younger's hand again. "I don't want to be like his mom. I don't want to hurt him more."

"I know you don't, sunshine, but he couldn't accept the hurt of letting you go, so now he has to face the consequences of it." The older explained, not wanting the freckled male to feel like he was doing anything wrong. In the end, he really wasn't. He told his boyfriend how he felt and tried leaving so he couldn't hurt him more, but he got manipulated to stay because of his big heart, the one thing Changbin knew Felix had.

"But..... it's wrong, Joong." "No, it's not, beautiful. What he did to get you to stay was wrong." The taller explained as he cupped Felix's face and caressed his cheek where the freckles were, staring at the younger with heart eyes. The blonde haired male stared back at the older before nodding, wiping his tears away with a sniffle after doing so. "Can I be your boyfriend?" Felix asked, earning a gentle proud smile and nod in response to his question.