Poolside Confessions

Chapter 51: Poolside Confessions

The weekend sun was blazing as Soul walked up the path to Keeho's house, a nervous flutter in his stomach. Keeho had invited him over for a swim, and while Soul loved the idea of hanging out by the pool, the thought of being alone with Keeho again made his heart race. Things between them had been... different lately, and Soul wasn't sure how to handle it.

As he reached the door, it swung open before he could even knock. Keeho stood there, a wide grin on his face, wearing a simple white tank top and swim trunks that showed off his toned arms. Soul's breath hitched. Keeho always looked effortlessly good, but today, with the sun glinting off his tanned skin, he looked... incredible.

"Hey, you made it," Keeho said, stepping aside to let Soul in. "You ready for some pool time?"

Soul nodded, trying to keep his cool. "Yeah, I guess. I haven't been swimming in a while."

Keeho smirked, closing the door behind him. "Don't worry, I'll take it easy on you."

They made their way through the house and out to the backyard, where the pool glistened under the bright sunlight. It was a large, sparkling blue oasis, surrounded by lounge chairs and shaded by tall palm trees. Soul had to admit, it looked inviting, and the heat of the day made him more eager to jump in.

Keeho tossed a towel onto one of the lounge chairs and pulled off his tank top, revealing his well-defined chest and abs. Soul quickly looked away, feeling his face heat up. He hoped Keeho hadn't noticed.

"You gonna join me, or are you just gonna stand there looking cute?" Keeho teased, already heading toward the pool.

Soul's face turned even redder as he quickly dropped his bag and pulled off his shirt, revealing his own swim trunks. He wasn't nearly as confident in his appearance as Keeho, but he tried to push that thought aside as he followed Keeho into the water.

The cool pool water was a relief from the heat, and Soul instantly felt more at ease as he swam a few laps. Keeho, however, had other plans. He swam up behind Soul and splashed him playfully, laughing as Soul yelped in surprise.

"Hey!" Soul sputtered, wiping water from his face. "What was that for?"

Keeho grinned, floating beside him. "Just having fun. You looked too serious."

Soul rolled his eyes but couldn't help smiling. "You're such a kid."

Keeho floated closer, his expression softening. "Maybe, but you like that about me, right?"

Soul's heart skipped a beat, and he quickly looked away, swimming to the edge of the pool. "You're so full of yourself."

Keeho followed, leaning against the side of the pool next to Soul. "You say that, but you keep hanging out with me."

Soul didn't respond, his mind racing. He could feel Keeho's gaze on him, and the tension between them was palpable. He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep pretending that he didn't feel something for Keeho—especially when Keeho was so open about liking him.

"You know," Keeho said quietly, his voice suddenly serious. "I meant what I said the other day. I like you, Soul."

Soul froze, his heart pounding in his chest. He had been trying to avoid this conversation, but now that Keeho had brought it up, there was no escape.

Keeho turned to face him, his eyes searching Soul's face for a reaction. "You don't have to feel the same way. I just wanted you to know."

Soul swallowed hard, his emotions swirling. He didn't know what to say—how to respond. Part of him wanted to admit that he liked Keeho too, but the other part of him was terrified. What if things got complicated? What if it all went wrong?

"I... I don't know, Keeho," Soul finally whispered, his voice barely audible. "I don't know what to say."

Keeho's expression softened, and he reached out, gently brushing a wet strand of hair away from Soul's face. "It's okay. You don't have to say anything right now."

Soul's breath caught in his throat, and for a moment, all he could do was stare into Keeho's eyes, his heart racing. The world around them seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of them, standing together in the water, inches apart.

Then, in a move that felt both bold and reckless, Keeho leaned in closer, his lips brushing against Soul's ear. "But just so you know," Keeho murmured, his voice low and teasing, "I'm not giving up that easily."

Soul's face flushed, and before he could even process what was happening, Keeho pushed off the wall and swam away, laughing as he splashed water in Soul's direction.

"Come on, slowpoke! Race you to the other side!"

Soul blinked, still stunned by what had just happened. But as he watched Keeho swim ahead, carefree and confident, he couldn't help but smile. Maybe, just maybe, he was starting to realize that he didn't mind Keeho's relentless pursuit after all.

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.

   .     ˚ ✭    *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚     ✭ .  .   ˚ .             ✦