A Day Full Of Surprises

Chapter 26: A Day Full of Surprises

The following day at school was buzzing with energy. Students chatted animatedly about the upcoming talent show, and Soul felt a mixture of excitement and nerves as he navigated the crowded hallways. He was on his way to his first class when he spotted Keeho leaning against a locker, scrolling through his phone with a playful smirk.

"Hey, look who it is! My favorite dance partner!" Keeho called out, pushing himself off the locker and striding toward Soul with that charming swagger he always had.

"Hey! I thought you were going to practice your 'model poses' before class," Soul teased, feeling a smile spread across his face.

"Why practice when I can just wow everyone with my natural charm?" Keeho replied, winking. "Besides, I needed to find you first! I have an idea for our performance."

Soul's curiosity was piqued. "An idea? What is it?"

Keeho leaned in, lowering his voice as if sharing a top-secret plan. "What if we added a surprise element to our dance? Something that'll make the audience go wild!"

"What did you have in mind?" Soul asked, intrigued.

"I was thinking we could incorporate some props! Like... um... glow sticks or confetti!" Keeho exclaimed, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "It'll be memorable!"

"That actually sounds kind of cool!" Soul replied, feeling the excitement build. "Where are we going to get those?"

"Leave that to me! I have my ways," Keeho said with a mischievous grin. "Now, let's get to class before we're late. I don't want to ruin my flawless record of being on time!"

As they walked to class, Keeho kept up a steady stream of jokes and laughter, making even the dullest school subjects seem entertaining. Soul found himself laughing more than he had in a while, his heart light with joy.

Once they entered the classroom, Keeho immediately plopped down into his seat, putting on a dramatic expression. "Ah, my throne! How I've missed you!"

Soul shook his head, laughing as he took his own seat beside Keeho. "You're such a dork, you know that?"

"Dork? I prefer 'eccentric genius!'" Keeho replied, grinning as he leaned closer to Soul, whispering conspiratorially, "What do you think the teacher would say if I danced my way to the front?"

"Probably that you're going to get detention!" Soul replied, barely able to contain his laughter.

"Detention? Just a small price to pay for my art!" Keeho declared dramatically, throwing his hands up as if he were accepting an award.

Just then, the teacher walked in, effectively cutting off Keeho's performance. "Settle down, everyone!" she called out, glancing around the room. "Today, we'll be working on group projects, and I'll assign your partners."

As the teacher started calling out names, Soul felt a twinge of anxiety. He hoped he'd be paired with Keeho. The thought of being separated made him uneasy. When their names were finally announced, Soul let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay, Soul and Keeho, you two are together," the teacher said, giving them a knowing smile.

"Perfect!" Keeho said, flashing a grin at Soul. "We're going to ace this project!"

The rest of the class passed quickly, filled with laughter as they brainstormed ideas and shared quirky thoughts about their project. Keeho kept things light, interjecting with jokes and silly suggestions that had Soul laughing so hard he nearly dropped his notes.

"Okay, picture this: our project is a dance video! We can showcase the evolution of dance styles throughout history!" Keeho exclaimed, striking a ridiculous pose.

"That sounds like a lot of work," Soul replied, stifling a laugh. "But it could be fun!"

Keeho leaned back in his chair, putting his hands behind his head. "See? We're already a winning team!"

After class, as they headed to their next lesson, Keeho kept up the playful teasing. "So, Soul, any chance I can convince you to be my personal photographer for the talent show? I need someone to capture my... perfect angles!"

"Only if you promise not to flex too much," Soul shot back, unable to hide his smile.

Keeho gasped in mock horror. "How dare you! I was born to flex!"

Soul chuckled as they approached the cafeteria. As they entered, the buzz of chatter and laughter enveloped them. Keeho instantly spotted Jongseob at a table, absorbed in his phone once again.

"Look, it's the king of memes!" Keeho called out, waving at Jongseob. "Hey, Jongseob! You better have some good stuff to show us!"

Jongseob looked up, shaking his head with an amused expression. "You two are way too loud for this time of day."

"Loud? We're just trying to make school a better place!" Keeho declared, striking a heroic pose. "Join us in our quest for fun!"

Soul shook his head, laughing at Keeho's antics. "Yeah, because that's exactly what the school needs—a quest for fun!"

As they settled down at the table, Keeho leaned in closer to Soul, conspiratorially whispering, "So, are you ready for our grand entrance at the talent show? I need to know if you're going to be my hype man!"

Soul felt his heart race at the thought. "Hype man? I don't know if I can handle that kind of pressure!"

Keeho grinned mischievously. "Don't worry! I'll make sure you're the star of the show."

Before Soul could respond, Jongseob chimed in, "Just make sure you don't accidentally trip on stage. That would be a hilarious meme."

Soul shot Jongseob a mock glare. "Thanks for the vote of confidence!"

As they continued to joke and chat over lunch, Soul felt grateful for these moments—filled with laughter, friendship, and the thrill of performing alongside Keeho. The school may have its challenges, but with friends like these, every day felt like an adventure waiting to happen.

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.

   .     ˚ ✭    *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚     ✭ .  .   ˚ .             ✦

Jongseob being on his phone 24/7 lives on