Chapter 44 |Naruto v.s. Neji|

~Start of exams~

*The crowd cheers*

I looked up at Ji-San and saw the 'Kazekage' sitting down next to him. He motioned Akira and I to come to him.

"Genma we'll be right back." Akira said as we both flickered to Ji-San.

"Kazekage, you remember the Hime and the Koshaku." Jī-San said pointing at us.

"Hello." Akira greeted bowing.

"Welcome to the Leaf Village." I greeted bowing after him.

The 'Kazekage' didn't say anything but was eyeing us and nodded.

Ji-San stood up and walked over to us near the rails.

"Welcome all!"

"And our deepest thanks for coming to the Village Hidden in the Leaves for this event."

"These 8 candidates fought in the preliminary's and made it this far in the last competition."

"I'm asking no one to leave until all matches have been completed!" Jī-San yelled out.

"...You said 8 candidates?"

"Aren't you missing one?" The 'Kazekage' asked.

I forced myself not to turn around and smack the living crap out of this guy but stood formally for Ji-San to continue.

"You two may go down now." Jī-San said.

"Hai." Akira and I said flickering down to Genma with our hands behind our backs.

He was showing the candidates the new matchings.

"..Uh question?" Naruto said raising his hand.

"What is it?" Genma asked putting the paper back in his pocket and brought his hand behind his back again.

"I was wondering what would happen to Sasuke?"

"I mean what if he doesn't show up?" Naruto asked.

"If a candidate is not here at the arena for their match they will be disqualified before their match starts."

.
.
.

"Alright listen up the terrain may be different..." Genma explained lazily, pausing.

"But the rules are the same." Akira continuing for him.

"That is that there are no rules."

"The match is finished when one candidate forfeits or is unable to fight anymore." I added.

"That being said if I determine a match being over, I or those two will come in at any time."

"Understood." Genma finished.

They all had confident faces.

"The opponents for the first match is Uzumaki, Naruto and Hyūga, Neji." I said pausing.

"Those two stay while the other go to the waiting area and wait for your turn." Genma continued.

Neji and Naruto stayed put while everyone else went up the stairs.

They both walked to stand in front of each other and glared at one another.

"Naruto!" I shouted.

"Yea!" He yelled not looking back.

"Kick his ass for me!" I yelled smirking.

He gave me a thumbs up.

"BELIEVE IT!" He yelled back.