Chapter 1

(Pic of Lane)

"Don't you agree, Lane?" My girlfriend's annoying tone caught my attention. She was staring at me with fire in her evil green eyes, giving off the 'I will murder you in your sleep if you don't say yes' look like she always did when she wanted me to agree with her. "Go on, sweetie."

"Of course, baby." I half smile and all of her fake, blond haired, arrogant, make-up covered friends giggled. In reality, I wish I could have just rolled my eyes and walked away but that would have meant a slow, painful death for me.

I let out a sigh of relief when the tardy bell rang. I was finally free from my vicious girlfriend and her mindless slaves that she called friends. But then I realized that this was the perfect moment to let her down easy. The school year would move on smoothly without her and I would be happy for once.

"Well, I better get to class, babe. See you later!" Dakota gave me a kiss on the cheek and started to walk off with her friends but then I started to build up the courage to say it. Just the thought of freedom being so close had me excited.

"Dakota, wait!" I called and sighed when she turned to look at me. I knew she was going to kill me when I said it. "We need to talk."

"Okay. Whatever you need to say, you can say in front of my friends." She smiled and I knew I was in too deep at the moment. Being around her friends on a normal day was arduous enough.

Come on, Lane, you can do this, I motivated myself.

I sighed again knowing what was coming for me. It never occurred to me why men are treated so harshly when breaking up with women if they don't feel the same way anymore. "Dakota, I don't think this is working. I think we should take a break and see other people."

There were gasps from her friends and a few other people in the hall. I. Was. Screwed.

"WHAT!!!!??" Her high pitched scream could be heard from around the world. The sweet and innocent girl that used to be my girlfriend was now an enraged bitch.

"I'm sorry! I just-" I tried to spit out words but it was already too late.

I felt her foot smash into my private area, the one place no man should ever be kicked. But I knew I deserved it and that Dakota had the right to be pissed off.

"No one dumps Dakota Marsh! Not even captain of the football team."

My now ex-girlfriend strutted away and I fell to my knees in pain while everyone came to watch and laugh. Yeah, things weren't as great as they were over the summer. I thought that breaking up with her would solve my problems but I guess not.

Did I think I'd be kicked in the balls the first day of my junior year? No, but I guess some things are just inevitable when you decide to break up with the most popular girl in school. And being the most popular guy has its flaws too.