Chapter 47

​I typed "the insanity of losing you" and stared blankly at my screen for a minute. Writing my life story was one of my fears and I didn't know how other people would react. But it was time to face my fear.

​My husband walked in and sat next to me on the bed and kissed my temple. "What are you writing, babe?"

​"Nothing important." I closed my laptop quickly.

"Why aren't you at work?"

​"I called in sick."

​"Why didn't you tell me that you weren't feeling well?"

​"Because I'm fine." He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss.

​"I'm guessing you didn't tell me because you were planning our night out?"

​He wrapped his arms around me with a smile and pecked my lips. "I still remember the day that you kissed me for the first time."

​"I fell in love with you that day. And from that moment on, I never stopped loving you." I put my laptop aside.

​"I used to be so jealous of Zach and Ani and even Dakota. They all had one thing in common; you. I saw you kiss each of them and it killed me inside. So I just imagined you putting your arm around me or giving me your jacket so I'd stay warm."

​"And I did all of that at the right time, I guess. You wouldn't have married me if I hadn't."

​"Lane, listen to me." He moved closer. "Charlie is going out with a few friends in a half hour. What do you say we go out too?"

​"Where should we go?"

​"Anywhere. As long as it's just you and me."

​I smiled at him. "Okay."

​It was those little things that always appeared to keep us happy at the best and worst of times. Our age of darkness was over, but there was still many years of light to prosper through.  And I still kept every single poem or story I wrote for him to remind me of that light.

So, the next chapter will be the epilogue which will conclude this story. It's been fun writing this one and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. If you are wondering why I chose the title "The Insanity of Losing You", well the meaning appears throughout the story. Anyway, thanks for reading and be sure to comment and vote. Thanks :)