Chapter 3

(Pic of Nathan)

When I arrived home, no one seemed to be there except for my dickhead of an older brother who liked to blast his stupid music so the whole world could hear. I rolled my eyes as I heard the soft beat of a jazz song playing which meant he was having his "Nathan Time" again. I swear I was the only one who could figure out why he was in there by himself with a bottle of lotion and tissues.

I threw my bag down near my closet and plopped onto my bed, staring at the ceiling in boredom. Was there even a point to life? Why was I still living if it only meant suffering? But when I looked over to my locked drawer, I realized that things weren't that bad.

There were three things I kept in the locked drawer to my nightstand. The first item was a bottle of pills in case I couldn't find the strength to go on anymore. The second being two blades from pencil sharpeners in case the pills didn't work. And the last being a book. This was there if the first two options weren't working and I needed a new perspective. It's pretty obvious why I kept that drawer locked.

I glanced around the room quickly, trying to find something that would keep my mind off of the bad things. There was no point in doing homework. The teachers wouldn't care anyway. All they expect from me is to win football games and be stupid. People think jocks are the dumbest people on Earth. But I wasn't like other jocks. I didn't mind doing homework from time to time if it gives me an excuse not to hang out with the other guys on the team that only care about boobs and booze. But if I had actually said any of that out loud, I would have been taken to a mental hospital.

Yeah, that was how things worked oddly enough. The stupidity of the world had put me into a sad, lonely position that was hard to get out of. And I was ashamed to call whatever moments of being alive my life. My name is Lane Hart and the universe is against me.