Chapter 42

I stood there in awe as Zach held out a ring while down on one knee.

How the hell do you break up with a man when he's proposing? I asked myself.

"Zach..." Was all that came out.

"You don't have to say anything, baby. The worlds are already there." He smiled and got yo, slipping the ring onto my finger.

"Zach, I-" Before I could finish the sentence, he kissed my lips.

"I look forward to seeing you walk down the isle."

Fuck. I was screwed.

"I have to get back to school. But I want you to come and visit me tomorrow night. I have something special planned." He caresses my cheek and kissed me again. "I'll see you later, fiancé."

I just stood there as he walked out.

.      .       .

I drove to the campus and found a place to park. I sat in my car for a moment trying to gather what I was going to say in my head. I sighed and looked down at the ring on my finger.

I can do this, I thought. I just have to let him down easy.

I walked down the extremely long corridor and found the door with Zach and his room mate's name on it. There was the sound of grunting and moaning coming from the other side of the door.

I turned the knob carefully and walked in with Zach, the man who had just proposed to me the night before, fucking his roommate on his bed.

Zach pulled out and looked at me in panic. "Lane!"

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked.

"I was just... uh... I can explain, baby."

"You cheated on me? Again?" I said, making fake tears roll down my cheeks.

I finally had a way to get out of this relationship in a quick painless way.

"How long has this been going on?" I sniffled dramatically.

Damn, for someone who used to make fun of drama geeks, I sure did have acting talent.

"Since I started school." He replied honestly.

I ripped off the ring that was on my finger and threw it on the ground. "It's over, Zach! I never want to see you again!"

I stormed out and laughed when I got down to the end of the hallway. Now I could love Sam without having to worry about that bastard.  I wiped my fake tears away and answered my buzzing phone.

"Hey, loser." I replied to Sam's call.

"Hey, doofus. What are you up to?" He asked.

"Just driving home. I just had to deal with something."

"Exciting. I'm up to the same old, playing video games and wishing you were here so I could kiss you."

"You should come over. We can have a movie night and eat a ton of junk food until it makes us sick. Sound good."

"I'm in, Hart. I'll be right over."

"I'll be waiting." I chuckled. "I love you, Sammy."

"I love you too, Lane."

And I loved how I was going to spend the rest of my life with him.

I'm sad to say that this story is coming to and end. *sheds single tear* but don't worry, there's still a few more chapters before the finale. There's going to be a shit ton of fluff in the next few chapters so prepare yourselves. Don't forget to comment and vote.