Chapter 30

We drove around for most of the next day. He was driving while I rested my head against the cold window and shut my eyes. Zach leaned over and kissed my cheek a few times and held my hand.

After about an hour or two, he turned the car off. "Baby, we're here."

I opened my eyes. "Where are we?"

"Come on."

We got out of the car together and looks out at the White Mountains. My boyfriend set a blanket down and we sat together. He slung his arm around me pulled me close.

"My dad always used to take my up here. Especially in the spring." Zach said.

"You never take about your dad. What was he like?" I asked as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"He was the best father anyone could ask for." He smiled. "He took me to a strip club for my thirteenth birthday. I liked to watch the guys more than the girls though. I knew my dad questioned my sexuality but he never really asked me what I liked."

"What happened to him?"

Zach let out a heavy sigh. "He started getting into alcohol and drugs. Soon enough he started spending more time getting stoned with his buddies and less time with me." He paused. "My mom found him fired in the bedroom with a needle sticking out of his arm."

"I'm so sorry, baby."

"My mother was cheating on him anyway. She didn't even care when he died. To her it was just an opportunity to bring David home. Soon enough she married that son of a bitch and I've been miserable ever since.

"He beats me so I know that I'm nothing but a worthless fag. That's all I've ever been to him. But that man will never be my father even if he is married to my mother."

I put my hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes. "Zach you are not a fag and you sure as hell aren't workless. You mean the world to me and I love you."

"I love you too, Lane." He sighed. "I don't want to be like my father was. I'm going to college and after that, I want to marry you. So we just have to make the best of these next few months before I have to leave you for four years."

"Baby, everything is going to be okay. You can still visit when you go off to college. And as much as it scares me, there's going to be a ton of cute guys there who will want to date you."

"Well they aren't getting their hands on me because I'll have a cute high school boy back home waiting for me to take him to prom again."

"Again? Zach are you asking me to prom?"

"Lane Hart, will you like to go to senior prom either me?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Good, now I don't have to take LA."

I hugged him and gave him a kiss. "I can't wait."

So there's a taste of Zach's past. Comment and vote please :3