Chapter 13

"Lane." Ani's voice echoed softly.

My eyes were closed and I was drifting back into sleep.

"Lane!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

I opened my eyes. "Ani...?" I asked hoarsely.

She hugged me tight. "Don't do that to me again! You scared the living shit out of me!"

I was in a hospital room. The air was cold and there was nothing but pity surrounding me. The first thought that came to my mind was the possibility that I had tried to kill myself and ended up there. But I didn't remember a thing.

"I'm sorry." I said to her even though I didn't know what to be sorry for.

"I'll go get Sam. He's going to be so happy you're awake." She rushed out of the room quickly to get him

Sam slowly walked in with no liveliness in his expression. His eyes were full of pity and guilt.

"What happened, Sam?" I asked. "I can't remember anything."

He sat down on the bed next to me and held out his swollen and bruised hands. "They said if I didn't hurt you, then they'd hurt both of us."

"Come here." I wrapped my arms around him even though it hurt. "It's okay, Sammy."

"I'm sorry. I'm small and weak and if they came after me, I-"

I kissed him to shut him up. I didn't want him to be upset about something that wasn't his fault.

"Lane?" He called out  in a sweet voice.

"Yeah."

"I want to have sex with you."

"Sam, we're in a hospital room."

"I don't care."

He pressed his lips to mine and placed his hands on my chest. My hands rode under his shirt and up his back. The sound of footsteps made me freeze.

A nurse walked in with concern in her expression. "Boys, if you want to be alone, I can close the door."

"No we're fine, thank you." I said.

She walked over and handed us a condom. "Be safe, you two." Then she walked out and closed the door.

Sam started giggling. "That was awkward."

"Maybe it wouldn't have been if you weren't so horny."

He ran his fingers through my hair. "You really scared me back there, Lane."

I took his hand and felt as our fingers interlocked. "I'm not going anywhere unless it's with you. I promise."

"Lane, I think I'm falling in love with you. I've never felt this way about anyone before." He took my free hand and placed it on his chest to feel his heartbeat.

I didn't want him to fall in love with me because I was a horrible person.

"What's wrong?" Sammy asked.

"It's nothing. I'm just thinking." I said.

He leaned in and kissed me again. Then he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. "I love you, Lane."

I faked a smile and expressed true words. "I love you too, Sam."