Chapter 42

;)

The school year had gone by before I knew it. My senior year of high school was by far one of the the best years of my life and there was so much that happened. I moved out of my homophobic parents' house and got a house of my own with Sam, I wrote my first novel, and Dakota gave birth to my son, Charlie who I got to name after the character in The Perks of Being A Wallflower. I was finally happy for once in my life and I hoped it would stay that way.

So, we had finally graduated and were exhausted after the ceremony.

I held a sleeping Charlie in my arms. He had sandy blonde hair like Dakota and my green eyes. I don't think I could have loved him any more than I did.

"I'll take him tonight and let you guys rest." Dakota said and took Charlie from my arms.

"I'll walk you out."

I opened the car door for her and she put Charlie in gently.

I hugged Dakota tight. She had changed a lot since high school and she was family now.

"Drive safe." I said and kissed her cheek.

"I will."

She drove off and I walked back inside to my loving boyfriend.

"Hey, doofus." Sam smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey, loser." I pecked his lips.

"What do you want for dinner, babe?"

"Surprise me."

"Spaghetti it is then." He gave me a long, passionate kiss. "Go get cleaned up for dinner."

"Yes sir." I saluted and walked upstairs to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror for a while and thought about how much things had changed. I was eighteen years old and lived in my own house and had a kid. If you had asked me where I thought I'd be at eighteen when I was younger, I definitely wouldn't have said this. But I loved every moment of the life I had. Even with the good days and bad days.

I walked down the stairs to find candles lit around the kitchen. Sam stood there smiling and just being his cute self.

"What's all this?" I asked with a chuckled.

"Come, sit down, my darling." He pulled the chair out for me and everything.

I sat down. "Okay, if you're trying to tell me bad news, just say it now."

"Can't I just have a romantic dinner with my boyfriend to celebrate us graduating?"

"Please don't tell me you bought a dog and its in the basement."

"I could smack you right now but I don't want to mess up you're beautiful face. You're lucky you're cute, Hart."

"You're cuter, Matthews."

"Shut up and eat."

We finished our dinner and after a while of talking, I decided to take the responsibility of doing the dishes. I got up and picked up the plates.

"Wait, don't do the dishes yet." Sam got up and took the plates, placing them back down on the table.

"Why?" I asked with a puzzled expression.

He kissed me. "I love you, Lane. And I want to be with you forever."

"I love you too, Sam. Now would you like to tell me what's going on?"

"Listen, I know that neither of us are perfect and we both have our fair share of hard times. But I couldn't ask for a better person to fall so madly in love with. We have a baby and a place of our own now. And since you're a doofus, I know you'd never be able to pic the perfect time to do this. So I guess I'll just do it."

Sam got down on one knee and pulled a little black box out of his pocket that held a ring inside. On the ring the words "partner in crime" we're engraved on the band.

"Lane Hart, will you marry me?"

I smiled. "If I say yes, does that mean I'll get laid tonight?" I asked.

"After I smack you."

"Then no."

He rolled his eyes at me. "Will you marry me or not, you idiot?"

"Why not?" I shrugged then smiled. "Of course I'll marry you."

"Well it took you long enough."

Sam kissed me and slid the ring on on my finger.

"How the hell did you pay for this? We're both broke."

"Dakota pitched in a bit. She even helped me pick it out."

"Ah, ah so that explains why it's such a beautiful ring."

"I can always take it back if you want."

"No, it's perfect, baby. I love it." I pecked his lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

From that moment on, all that mattered was the fact that we had each other. We were inseparable and lived life how it was. And that was all we ever needed.

Don't fret, this isn't the last chapter. There are more to come. Stay tuned for that and comment and vote.

Song: Marry Me by Train