Chapter 24

Christmas was just around the corner and I dreaded every moment of it. Sadly, it happened to be my boyfriend's favorite holiday. It was not a fun time.

Zach threw another log on the fire and sat back down next to me on the floor. He put his arm around me as we sat in silence for a moment.

"Baby, what's wrong? You've been quiet all night." His hand cupped my cheek as I looked into his cute brown eyes. "You can talk to me about anything Lane."

"Zach, I hate Christmas." I said quickly.

He shot up quickly. "Don't you dare shit on my holiday!"

"Zach..."

"Give me one good reason why you hate it so much."

"Because I've always been alone on Christmas Eve." I sighed. "My family all goes to parties and I'm always left home with no one to kiss me under the mistletoe."

"Well, all of that is changing this year.  On Christmas Eve, it's just you and me, baby. While the rest of your family is gone, I'll be ramming into your ass by the fire place."

"Is that so?"

"Yes it is."

"Why do you always have to make things dirty?"

He leaned in close so his face was an inch away from mine. "I thought you liked it."

"Maybe I do."

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "I'll go make you a drink, babe."

I sat patiently and waited for him to come back. "You should be a bartender. You'd make good money off of it."

"While I'm at it, I'll apply to be a stripper too."

"Hey, you always make me happy when you take your pants off."

"Yeah, you're the only one who likes it."

I grabbed the glass and took a sip, feeling the burning in my throat. "What the hell is that?"

"Tequila." He plopped down next to me. "Great for fucking when you're really horny."

"You really think you'll be able to get into my pants that easily?"

"You haven't refused so far."

"Take me on a real date out to dinner. Then we'll see how your sex life is."

"Does that go for kissing too? Or do I have to buy you flowers to earn that back?"

I hit his arm playfully. "Fuck you."

He pinned me down to the floor with a smile. "I believe that's your job, honey."

"Is it?"

He pressed his lips to mine, leaving me nearly breathless. Each his was more passionate than the last, making me want more. Zach kissed my jaw and made his way down my neck, biting at my skin.

"Zach..." I tried to say but it came out as more of a moan.

The back door opened and a stout looking lady came in with groceries. She paused when she saw Zach on top of me.

"Mom..." He said and moved away from me.

"Zachary, who is this?" She asked.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend, Lane."

She looked panic-stricken. "Does David know?"

"Mom..."

"Does your stepfather know?"

"No, I haven't said a word to him."

"Good. Now get that boy out of here before he comes home and beats your faggot ass for this."

Zach glanced over at me and I nodded. Once we were outside, he wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "I'm so sorry, baby. I really am."

"Don't be sorry, it's perfectly fine."

He took my hands in his. "Marry me, Lane. We can leave this shitty place and never have to look back."

Now he wanted to marry me? What the hell was he thinking?

"Zach... I..." I said weakly, feeling lightheaded.

"Lane, you don't look too well. Are you okay."

"N-no." I nearly fell over.

He caught me in his arms and helped me to the car. The next thing I knew, I was in a hospital bed.