Chapter 2

(Pic of Sam)

"Okay people, nothing to see here." Sam was my savior when it came to embarrassing moments. He always swooped in at the right time to save me, even if he was on the other side of the school. That was one of the best things about our friendship. One gets kicked in the privates, the other saves his sorry ass.

"Sam, thank god." I groaned as I writhed in immense pain.

He helped me up and and slung my arm around his shoulders. "C'mon buddy, let's get you out of here." My friend dragged me into the bathroom and let me lean against the sink. Then he patted my shoulder and chucked. "Let my guess, you finally got the guts to dump Dakota."

"Obviously. Why else would my balls be killing me right now?" I winced.

"She was a bitch anyway." His cheeks were tinted red and he glanced down at the floor.

How long did I know that Sam liked Dakota? Since he met her in the ninth grade and started to act all weird when she was around. I had been dating Dakota for three years and he finally had the chance to have her. I wouldn't mind even though he's my best friend.

I stared into his blue eyes. I had always gotten this weird feeling around him when we were alone.

He smiled at me, making my heart slightly beat faster. "So what's the plan now? You don't have Dakota to follow you around anymore."

"I honestly don't know. There will be a lucky girl in the future but for now it's bros before hoes."

"You need to find a girl, Lane. I don't think there's every been a time in history of this school where the quarterback/captain hasn't had a girlfriend. It's all about keeping the tradition."

I let out a sigh. "I know."

"Move onto the next girl and if she's not your type then find another."

"Sam, that's not how dating works.

"It is when you're Lane Hart. Dude, there are hundreds of girls in this school who would do anything to date you. Just go talk to one and you've got yourself a girl. It's as easy as that."

I hated how he was right. Girls only liked me because I was well known and played football. Being Lane Hart ideas the one thing I hated the most about myself.