Chapter 8

(Pic of Mrs. Hart)

I woke up to the annoying alarm on my phone. Sleepily, I reached over to shut it off, rolling over onto my back. I felt warmth next to me and glanced over to find Sam there. I glanced down to find that I had jeans but no shirt on.

I wrapped an arm around Sam's waist and pulled him close, feeling him stir next to me.

"Good morning, cutie." I said as I kissed the top of his head. "We must have fallen asleep last night after making out for so long."

He buried his face into my chest. "Don't make me get up."

"We have school today, Sammy."

"But I'm comfortable!" He whined.

There was knocking on the door that caused both of us to shoot up.

"Lane, it's me." My mother said. "Mrs. Matthews just called and said Sam didn't come home last night."

I gave Sam a worried look. "Hide in my closet."

He rushed over and closed the door, enclosing himself in my closet.

I opened the door to my mother who had her arms crossed over her chest. "Lane, what are you up to?"

"What do you mean?" I yawned and scratched my head. "I just woke up."

"Where's Sam?"

"I don't know. He said he was going to his girlfriend's house when he left last night."

"Okay, I'll have to call Mrs. Matthews and tell her." She sighed. "I'm leaving for work in a minute. Get dressed, you'll be later or school."

"Okay, Mom."

I closed my door with a sigh.

Sam stepped out of the closet and hugged me with a smile. "Oh, I definitely went to see my girlfriend. If my girlfriend is a six foot tall, sexy football player named Lane." He gave me a peck on the lips.

"You're lucky I picked you up yesterday. We would be in deep shit if your car was in the driveway."

"What's life without risk?"

"Says the one whose parents let him do whatever he wants."

"Hey, they would kill me too if they found out that I sleepy with my best friend who also happens to be a really hot guy with a killer smile and a six pack." He chuckled and ran his hand over my bare chest.

"You're pretty hot yourself, mister."

His smile faded. "I don't want to go to school and face everyone knowing that I'm lying to them."

My hand cupped his cheek. "Well, there's one person that you aren't lying to. And right now all he wants to do is lay you down on that bed and kiss your soft lips all day."

"Then why isn't he right now?"

I leaned in and kissed him passionately. I wished we could do this in school but that wasn't how things worked.

I smiled at him. "C'mon, we need to get ready for school."