Chapter 34

(A beautiful picture of LA in her prom dress)

It was prom night and I was nervous as hell. Since I had been drinking a lot the last few weeks, I kept telling myself that prom was the one night I wasn't going to get drunk. And I planned to keep telling myself that.

I arrived at Zach's house with my tux on. LA invited me in. She was wearing a slightly showy black dress that she looked gorgeous in.

"Zachary is just putting his lipstick on. He'll be right down." She joked. "Nice tux, by the way. I never took you for the fancy type."

"Thanks. I never took you as the dress wearing type either."

"We all have our secrets."

My boyfriend walked down the stairs and my heart was beating out of my chest. He looked amazing in the tux that fit his body perfectly.

"Wow. You look stunning." Zach said as he came over and gave me a hug.

"I could say the same about you. Damn." I chuckled.

"Okay, let's go before you two start making out and decide that you want to be alone." LA said and dragged our butts along.

Prom was absolutely amazing when it came to being a misfit. We all danced with our little group together. Zach and I even slow danced for the first time which came along with people giving us weird looks.

After the dance was over, LA went off with a group of boys and Zach and I were left alone together making out on a bench in the park.

"We should get out of here." My boyfriend paused to tell me.

"And go where?" I asked.

He held up a hotel room key and smirked.

"You didn't."

"I did."

"Well, now I just feel like one of those chicks in a teen 80s movie. Thanks for that."

"It's the prom experience. Now are you coming along or not?"

I pecked his lips in excitement. It was going to be a great night.