Chapter 26

A/N: Here's an update cause I'm a loner and never hang out with anyone. yolo

"Oh thank god! I tried calling you!" Eric said as I burst through the front door panting from running out of the car.

"How much time do I have?!" I asked as I threw my purse across the room and ran up the stairs. I hadn't gotten home from my grandma's house until 5:30 and I knew we were going to be late if I didn't get changed quickly.

"About 10 minutes! I need to get there by 6." Eric said as he put his watch on.

"What should I wear?!"

"Just a dress I guess this isn't going to be a big party."

"You say that every time and they end up having more then 2,000 people." I said as I quickly put on my jewelry and slipped into my little black dress covered in lace.

"Yeah yeah. Do you need help?" He asked anxiously as I shouted back down a 'no' and quickly threw on some mascara and a little blush.

"Dang it. Shoes, clutch, lipstick, hair style, ugh!" I said frustratedly as I threw my hair up in a random twist with a clip and grabbed some heels out of the closet which I knew at one point I was going to regret. I hated heels.

"Ready to go?" Eric said as I nodded my head quickly and grabbed my purse off the couch before hurrying out the door into our car. "You look great." He said making me blush.

"Now, loosen up a bit and enjoy the night. You've needed this break for awhile." He said as he drove along the back roads to the country club. I quickly put on some lipstick and touched up my eyeshadow as we pulled into the joint.

"Thank you Sam." Eric said as he tossed the keys to our car to the valet. He quickly hopped in and took our car to the VIP parking section as we made our way inside.

"Ah! Maddie! How are you doing? Wonderful to see you!" Eric's dad Frank Mosser said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Nice to see you too Mr. Mosser!"

"Awh please what have I told you? Call me Frank. Now how's your business going? I heard that's why I haven't seen you very often."

"Quite busy." I said as we followed him along the grand hallway and back towards his office. "I can't get a break."

"Well then, you must attend my formal 20 year anniversary of being open party. I will be expecting you." He said as he shoved an invitation into my hand and walked off to talk to one of his colleagues without another word.

"Hey why don't we go into the main hall? Get a drink and then maybe head out to the dance floor?" Eric suggested as I nodded and followed him towards the bar. He ordered a drink with rum and I ordered a glass of champagne.

After I had a couple of sips Eric took my drink from my hand and set it on the bar as he pulled me out to the dance floor. He pulled me into his arms as I wrapped my arms around his neck and nuzzled my face into his chest.

"My mom and grandma missed you today." I said as he chuckled.

"And my dad missed you."

"We need to get on a schedule. Time is getting away too much from us. We barely do anything together anymore." I said as he kissed my hair.

"We'll figure it out. Let's just enjoy the night." He said as he spun me out slowly and back into his arms dancing us around in a circle.

After the song ended we went and sat up into a VIP booth with some of his business friends. Half the time I had no idea what they were talking about so I just sat there looking down at the crowded dance floor.

"Oh Maddie, I have to go take this call will you be ok here?" Eric said abruptly as he stood up we had been up here for about two hours.

"I think I might go get another drink actually." I said as I stood up a little stiff from sitting so long.

"I'll meet you back here in a bit." I smiled as I kissed his cheek and walked down the stairs towards the main floor. I approached the bar and was immediately greeted by George a cute little bartender who didn't look 21 at all.

"Hey Ms. Scott what can I interest you into tonight? Besides my good looks that is." He winked as I chuckled and handed him a $20 bill.

"Another glass of champagne will do." I said as he grabbed the bottle and poured it into a thin tall glass.

"Here you go, don't forget to come back for more later." He said making me wave him off.

When I first came here with Eric, George thought I was single and tried to make a move on me like how he does to all the ladies but when he figured out I was dating Eric he apologized every time I saw him. Now I just make fun of him for it and he's gone back to his normal self.

I looked up into the VIP area and didn't see Eric up there yet so I decided I didn't want to go back up. I knew he could possibly be in his father's office so I started my trek across the dance floor when I stopped abruptly and gasped.

There standing in a stark white suit looking directly at me was the man I hoped to never see again in my entire life. His hair was down to his shoulders and flipped over at the top to keep it from going in his face. He stood towering above everyone around him at six feet tall. His piercing green eyes stared at mine not breaking contact.

"Harry." I mouthed silently. And at that moment I knew I had regretted wearing heels.

A/N:
Like 2 chapters without Harry killed half of y'all lol HE BACK DOE
OHH SHIEEETTT