Chapter 61

"Lads?" Harry asked quizzically as light-hearted chuckles came from the other side of the door.

"What ya been up to mate?!" One of them chimed as Harry leaned up against the door.

"How in the hell did you find me?" He asked as they shuffled around outside.

"Couple of clues here and there, as we've said before you're not hard to find." They said making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Hey well come in before you're seen in broad daylight you criminals." Harry smiled as the four of them walked in making my eyes go wide. There standing in front of me were not the former members of the London Lowriders but the Sydney Syndicates.

"Maddie?" Michael said as his eyes went wide staring at me.

"What're you-"

"Did he-"

"What the fu-" They all started at once making me shake my head back and forth knowing exactly what they were thinking.

"Hi." I said quietly as I walked over to Harry who put his arm around my shoulder making the boys glare in confusion.

"You didn't...kidnap her again...did you?" Ashton asked curiously as Harry chuckled.

"Nope." He answered making the boys look at each other in confusion.

"Then...why would she...this is really messed up." Luke said trying to wrap his head around it.

"I'm on low profile, I let her go, I gave her family a house and now we've made up. Kapeesh?" Harry said not wanting to explain the entire situation again. They nodded their heads still not understanding completely but pretended to play it off. "Now, want to explain why you interrupted my afternoon with Madeline?" Harry asked giving each boy a glare.

"How about we go sit down first? You'll need to be sitting for what we're about to tell you both." Michael said as Harry nodded his head.

"Very well, this way." Harry said as he turned around and led the boys and I back towards the living room.

"Now Maddie," Calum said as he slipped an arm around my shoulder, "if you ever need to get out of here because Harry-"

"I can hear you." Harry said bluntly as he dramatically flung open the living room doors and walked towards the couch.

"Alright, alright." Calum chuckled as I went and sat down next to Harry as the rest of them found a seat on the other couches.

"So? What's the big news?" Harry asked getting directly to the point. The boys looked at each other cautiously before Ashton cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Well, remember a couple of years ago when we came and visited you all in Italy?" Ashton asked making Harry tense next to me. He hated what happened in Italy and didn't like speaking of it.

"Yeah? What about it?" Harry asked coldly as he shot them all a glare not wanting that subject to be brought up anymore now that I was here. "Do you really think Madeline needs to hear what you're about to say? Or do I need to ask you all to come back another time?" Harry sassed.

"No she should probably hear it..." Michael said as Harry nodded and leaned back onto the couch.

"Alright continue." Harry said as he waved them to start speaking again.

"Well that day when you were drunk and made a call, you called us." Luke said making my breath hitch. "You called us and told us to go kill this man and you wouldn't give us a reason because you said you didn't have one." Luke said referring to my father making me wonder if I actually did want to hear what they were about to say.

"Because we were already flying back to America for another thing, we thought checking in on this guy wouldn't be a bad idea, even if we didn't kill him." Michael continued as my mind screamed. I so didn't want to hear this all over again.

"But when we got there, the man was already dead." Calum finished making my jaw drop open in astonishment.

"He was...what?" I asked as my eyes started to well up.

"We didn't kill him. Someone had already gotten to him before us." Ashton said as I put my face in my hands.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?! This entire time I've spent my life thinking that I killed Madeline's father when in reality someone else did?!" Harry screamed making the tears pour out even faster knowing he had this burden on him this entire time.

"Mate we tried to get in touch with you but Liam and Zayn blocked all our calls cause you told them to." Calum tried to reason as Harry stood up and paced around the room angrily.

"Who the fuck killed him? Who the hell would want to kill him?! Nobody had a reason! I didn't even have a reason!" Harry yelled becoming impatient.

"We thought it was possibly The Dragons at first but we figured out they weren't even in America at the time...so we've come to the conclusion that it was this new rising gang with a leader named Ryan." Michael said making me gasp and cover my mouth.

"Oh my gosh." I said as I started to get really hot. "I can't believe this. H-he killed m-my father." I stuttered as Harry grabbed my arms and picked me up noticing me to start to go into a panic attack.

"Lads just give us a minute." Harry said as he quickly ushered us out of the room and into the hallway where I collapsed into his arms full out sobbing. He soothingly rubbed my back as he let me cry into his arms for almost two full minutes. "Shh. I know that was a lot to take in-"

"Y-you didn't kill him H-Harry." I stuttered into his chest as he smoothed down my hair. "Y-you didn't kill him." I cried as I hugged his torso even tighter.

"Shh baby girl." Harry cooed as he kissed my head.

"Y-you were right a-all along. Ryan r-really is the m-monster."