Chapter 42

"Hey mom, I'm home." I said as I walked through the front door to find my mom and my grandma both on the couch.

"Hey honey, how was your chat with Megan?"

"Good actually. She wants me to move down to Florida, she says I need to live my life to the fullest." I chuckled as I sat down beside my grandma. "I went over to Eric's house after we were done chatting and broke up with him."

"Good. How'd he take it?" My grandma asked.

"Tried to tell me I was falsely accusing him of cheating but when I heard a thud upstairs I knew he had a girl there." I said making my mother scoff.

"What an inconsiderate boy. I can't believe he'd bring other women home while you were on a trip." My mother said as she shook her head.

"When do you want to move down? I'm meeting with Edward tomorrow to tell him our plans." I asked quickly changing the subject.

"I've began to feel a bit nauseous today Maddie, I think my bad week may be coming up. I may have to wait to fly down." She said as I nodded my head.

"But you still want to move right?" I asked as she nodded her head rapidly.

"Oh yes of course. I'll just need to find a new doctor, and pack everything up and-oh lord this is more stressful than I thought."

"It doesn't have to happen now mom. I can tell him we want to wait." I said as she stood up.

"Sounds good dear. I'm going to go lie down, a wave of nausea has suddenly hit me."

"I feel so badly for her. I wish I could take it all away." My grandma said as I rubbed her shoulder.

"Me too grandma...me too."

"Gate five...six...ha! Seven!" I cheered as I found it and pulled in quickly to the curb. I looked down at my watch rapidly which read 11:30 and when I looked up Harry was climbing into the car! "I'm so sorry I- oh my god! What happened?!" I shrieked as I looked up at Harry who had dark bags underneath his eyes.

"Just a little sleep deprivation that's all." He shrugged as he pulled his seatbelt on.

"You look like you haven't slept for a week!"

"Only two days. I'm fine." He said nonchalantly.

"We're going to a coffee shop to get you some coffee before you fall asleep." I said as I pulled out onto the main road and drove out of the airport. "Did I make you wait long? I know your flight got in at 11:15-"

"I didn't even have to wait two minutes. Perfect timing." He said as he yawned making me tense up. He looked terrible. He was pale and looked like he could collapse any moment right before my eyes.

"We're here." I said a few moments later as I pulled into the nearest coffee shop I could find. He climbed out of the car and opened the shop door for me before we went up to the counter.

"Just a regular coffee for me." He said as he motioned towards me to order.

"I'll have a vanilla frappe." I said as I opened my purse but before I could pull my wallet out Harry grabbed my hand and gave his card to the worker. "Harry-"

"Stop. I don't want to hear it."

"But I offered to take you here-"

"Are you the gentleman here? No. So I don't want to hear it." He said as he took his card back and walked over to the opposite counter. "Go find a seat I'll bring you your drink." He said as he waved me off making me roll my eyes. I found the comfiest chairs possible to make Harry relax. He was so tense but was practically half asleep. After a few moments after our names were called he walked over handing me my drink before sitting down and taking a sip of his. He closed his eyes momentarily before opening them and taking another sip.

"Why haven't you been sleeping?" I asked quietly as he looked over at me.

"Not tired." He said making me glare towards him.

"I don't want to talk to you if you're going lie." I said as I took a sip of my drink as he rolled his eyes.

"I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing." He confessed as he leaned back. "All I could think about was the past week and if you actually wanted to come down to Florida, I feel like I forced it upon you." He said scoffing at himself before taking another sip of his coffee.

"You didn't force it upon us stop worrying. My mother still wants to move down and I talked to Megan and she's all for me moving down there too. She said I can help with the office until I come to my senses and give up on it as she put it." I chuckled making Harry crack a smirk.

"Did you break up with that Eric kid?" He asked making me snort.

"Yeah I did yesterday. Had someone at the house while I was doing it." I said as I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

"He wasn't a good guy anyways Madeline. It's his loss." He said as I looked out the corner of my eye to see him staring at me. "When do you want your stuff moved out of his house? And when do you want to come down?"

"To be honest I don't know. I'd like to get my stuff out of there as soon as possible but my mother wasn't feeling good yesterday or this morning. She's thinking she might have to put off moving down for a bit. It's going to stress her out too much." I said as he nodded.

"So you're probably not going to come down for at least another week then right?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"I'm sorry if I-"

"No, no Madeline. You have nothing to be sorry about." He said as he stood up and threw his coffee in the trash.

"You need to go back to wherever you're staying and take a nap."

"I'm going right back home." He said making my eyes go wide.

"You mean you're just getting back on the jet? You're not even staying a night?"

"No of course not. I came up to talk with you and get everything settled. I was never going to stay."

"If I would've known that then I wouldn't have made you come up here, I could've just called you-"

"Nonsense. I'd rather see you in person. Easier that way." He said as he stood up and rubbed his eyes. "I think I'll go hail a taxi now to take me back to the airport-"

"No. I'm taking you back. And I don't want to hear it." I said right as he was about to protest using his own words against him. The drive back was mostly silent as he leaned back in the seat closing his eyes from time to time. Once we reached the drop-off area of the airport I pulled up next to the sidewalk by the farthest down gate. "I'm not making you come up here again so why don't we switch numbers." I said as he nodded his head and sat up straighter. Right as he was about to write his number down on a napkin I found I placed my hand over it. "Wait-Harry." I said as he looked up at me confusedly. "I think I'm going to come down tomorrow."

"W-what? Madeline you sure don't have to-"

"No no. I want to. I'm cleaning my desk out from the office tomorrow morning and if my stuff will be down there tomorrow night I'll be all set. My grandma can stay here with mom till she's ready to fly and I can go down and get the house ready." I explained as he looked up at me shocked.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"I-I guess I'll get your ticket sent through then and you can print it off tonight at home. And I'll call the movers and make sure they get all your stuff."

"And you need to make sure you sleep on that jet."

"I'll try. I might be too excited though." He said making me roll my eyes. Even though he was probably enthusiastic I had decided to come down he was so tired it didn't show.

"If you don't get any sleep they're not going to let you on the plane because they'll think you're going through withdrawal." I said as he climbed out of the car and onto the sidewalk.

"I'll see you tomorrow night Madeline. Thank you for deciding to come down."

"My pleasure Harry."

A/N:
I only hope the boys look as good on the AMAs this year as they did last year. @ Louis flaunt that turtleneck.