Chapter 39

"Oh my gosh Megan! I'm so sorry I didn't answer! I was on a run and I forgot to charge my phone and I didn't turn it back on until breakfast and-"

"Maddie it's fine."

"No it's not! I'll probably need to come back right away-"

"The office is fine. I called you to see how your trip was going. I haven't been getting any gossip lately." She said making me groan and lean up against my bedroom door. After my grandma and Harry were done talking I quickly ran up to my bedroom hoping I wasn't seen spying.

"The trip has been fine. He lives in a fucking mansion and had us fly down on a private jet."

"A private jet?! Holy shit!"

"I know right?! I almost fainted when I thought about how much money he could possibly be spending. He took me out to dinner last night and bought me a dress."

"Damn girl you've got it made. Don't come back until you have to, hell I'd stay down there as long as possible if you're getting that kind of treatment."

"Maddie are you almost ready? We're leaving!" My mother called as she knocked on my bedroom door.

"Oh I have to go Megan! Will you be ok?"

"Maddie I'm fine. Go have fun! Bye!" She said as she hung up quickly. I grabbed my purse and yelled back to my mother before opening the door and seeing them all at the bottom of the stairs.

"Sorry! I had to talk to Meg-"

"It's fine. No rush." Harry said as he led us out the front door. We walked on the round driveway and through the tall front gates. After exiting his property we crossed the street and walked on the opposite sidewalk admiring all the tall palm trees scattered along it. "We're here." He said as he stopped in front of another large mansion making our eyes furrow in confusion. We had barely walked for two minutes. The large bronze gates opened and we walked down the marble driveway. The gardens there were much more condensed and there was a large pond with a couple benches around it.

"Well this place looks as lovely as yours." My mom said as we walked up to the front steps. A man dressed in a suit opened the doors and we entered the mansion. It had a extravagant entry way just like Harry's except it had two sets of stair cases going up either side.

"This place has six bedrooms, a servants quarter, a pool, a boardwalk to the beach, an enclosed lanai, a dining hall, a medium sized ballroom, and a library." Harry said as he took us all around the house. Once we finally reached the entry way we were in awe but confused as to why we were here.

"Is this another house of yours?" My grandma asked as she looked around once more.

"Uh-yes. I do have a proposal for you so this trip wasn't just to show off this beautiful home." He said as he turned and faced towards me. "I know Madeline has gone through a lot of trouble these past six years." He said making look into his eyes trying to find some emotion or meaning as to what he was saying. "And I know it's been hard time for the rest of your family as well." He said directly towards me not breaking eye contact. "So I've decided to give this beautiful home to you all in hopes it would make your life just a bit easier." He said as my mom and grandma gasped.

"What? I-" I started but stopped as I didn't know what to say.

"I have more money than I can handle and I have no one to spend it on. I've heard all over the news what your family has gone through and this is my way of helping you continue to have a normal life." He said as a fib, but I could see my grandma seeing right through it.