Chapter 63

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Maddie, happy birthday to you!" My grandma and mom sang as they walked into my room with a stack of pancakes on a breakfast tray.

"Awh! Thank you so much." I said as I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes as I had just woken up.

"How's it feel to be 27? Ahh I remember the days..." My grandma said making me chuckle as my mom set down the tray on my lap.

"Not much different quite honestly. I'm getting old!" I smiled as I looked down at the tray of pancakes, bacon, and orange juice in awe.

"Well, whenever you're finished with your food get dressed and come outside to the pool. We'll be waiting out there with your presents!" My mom said as she and my grandma left my room for me to enjoy breakfast in bed. After about 20 minutes I finally got out of bed, changing into a cute springy dress with flowers all over it before making my way downstairs and out onto the patio where my grandma and mom were sitting. "Hi guys!" I said as I closed the sliding glass door behind me and gasped when I saw the table decorated with happy birthday decorations and two small bags on it.

"Happy birthday!" They said unanimously as I sat down on one of the lawn chairs next to them.

"Open your presents!" My mom said, barely containing her excitement. I reached over and grabbed a small pink box, opening it to find a beautifully colored pandora bracelet and necklace from my grandma.

"Oh my gosh they're so beautiful!" I exclaimed as I stood up and hugged my grandma.

"Do you like them? You'll wear them right?" My grandma asked curiously as I nodded my head.

"Yes of course! I love it thank you!" I said once more before opening the bag from my mother. Inside was a beautiful sundress and a pair of wedges. "Thank you so much mom! It's so pretty!"

"I knew you'd like it!" She exclaimed as her and my grandma exchanged happy glances and looked back towards me.

"This is so lovely, thank you so much. I can only hope all this didn't cost very much." I said making them both roll their eyes.

"Price doesn't matter hun, it's your birthday you deserve it." My grandma said as she patted my knee making me smile.

"Honey go change into that dress your mother got you, I want to see what it looks like on!" My grandma exclaimed as we sat across each other in the living room. We had gone out to eat for lunch and walked around town a bit before coming home and relaxing a bit more. It was nearing 5 pm and I was bit curious as to why I hadn't heard from Harry yet, we hadn't made any plans but I thought he might at least send me a 'happy birthday' text.

"Alright be right back!" I exclaimed as I stood up and walked up the stairs to my room to try on the new sundress. Halfway through when I was changing I heard the doorbell ring and the door open and some mumbling between people. I had hope it was Harry but when nobody called me down and the door was shut I came to the conclusion it couldn't have been him. As I was putting my new wedges on there was a knock on my door. "Come in!" I said as I turned around to find Harry standing there in a suit with a bundle of pink balloons in his hand.

"Happy birthday babe!" He smiled as I shrieked with joy and ran into his arms engulfing him into a tight hug. "Sorry I'm so late, I had too many things to do in such little time-"

"It's fine! I'm just glad you're here now!" I said into his chest before looking up at him.

"I know you already went out for lunch, but how about going out to dinner with me?" He asked as I stood up on my tip toes and kissed his lips, nodding my head.