oh no

{Day 4}

Brooke's POV:

I was getting really bored just lying in bed. So I got up and walked out of my room. I slowly made my way down stairs. There were only a few people there. Fred was one of them and I think we're friends. Well out of the few boys I knew him best so I just went over to him.

"Hey Fred." I said as I walked over to him.

"Hello Brooke." he smiled as he watched me walk over to him.

"Where is everyone?" I asked looking around.

"Hunting." he stood up and damn he was tall.

"But I thought you liked hunting, well all of you like hunting." I said looking up at him.

"Yeah, but Pan wanted us to stay behind today."

"Oh, well could we maybe just walk around?" I asked shrugging my shoulders.

"Uhh okay I guess."

"Alright let's go." I smiled and we went down to camp.

I went toward the exit of camp when Fred grabbed my wrist.

"Wait!" he said in a panicked tone.

"What?" I asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Let's not go that way, let's go this way." he said pointing in the opposite direction.

"Well why can't we go this way?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"uhh...." he hesitated.

"Fred, is there something you're not telling me?" I asked getting suspicious.

"No, it's just I think it's better if we go that way. There's a really nice cliff where we can see the entire island. I like to go there and observe Neverland's beauty." he said as he let go of my wrist gently.

"Well there is a really nice beach this way where you can get a nice view of the horizon." I paused, "But the cliff sounds nice too." I shrugged and walked past him toward the other exit. "Maybe I can jump off of it." I mumbled to myself.

He followed behind me then ran next to me. We exited camp and headed toward the cliff. After a while I started getting impatient.

"How much further away is this cliff?" I asked trying to not sound annoyed.

"It's not that far now." he said looking forward.

"Alright."

We kept walking until he put his arm in front of me signaling for me to stop. We were stopped in front of a bunch of bushes and vines.

"We're here." he said putting his arm down and walking toward the bushes and moving them creating an entrance. "Ladies first." he said gesturing for me to walk through.

"And there's no dreamshade or nightshade?" I asked cautiously taking small steps forward.

"Now why would I want to put you in danger?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Just don't want to die or go insane that's all." I chuckled as I walked through.

He followed behind me. When I got through I could see endless amounts of trees and vines. And for once I could actually see the sky. The bright blue sky full of puffy pillow-like clouds. But then something caught my attention. It almost looked like a scar in the land. There was darkness filling a lot of trees in the distance. Black everywhere and a little purple smoke came from the area.

"Fred, what's that?" I asked pointing toward the dark area.

"That's the dark jungle. No one dares to set foot there."