chapter thirty three

"Hey Julian," I whispered, trying to make the least possible amount of noise. When my heels began clacking against the tiled floor I knew it was no point anymore.

Julian turned his head so that he was facing me and I saw a smile form on his face. "Hey back. You look amazing."

I smiled politely at him. When Tobias complimented me my heart would feel like it would erupt out of my chest. When Julian complimented me it felt like any other thing a friend would say.

"Thank you."

I pulled up a seat next to him and sat down. Julian shifted his body so that he was leaning on his side, facing me.

"I heard you're getting discharged pretty soon," I said while unbuttoning my coat. "That's good. At least you won't miss the wedding."

Julian chuckled a bit. He put one of his hands under his head and yawned. "Yeah, it would kind of be messed up if the best man didn't show up."

"Are you tired?" I asked, frowning at him. "I didn't even realize it was one in the morning. I can come back later-"

"No no no," he protested. "I want to hear about tonight. You looked like you had a great time; you're glowing."

I blushed as I thought about why I was glowing. It had to do with a certain charming boxer who drags me to do insane things. A little grin flopped on my face just thinking about him.

"Come on," he pleaded, smiling at me. "I want to know what that smile means!"

I took a deep breath before thinking of my answer. I couldn't tell him now but I was going to tell him as soon as he was out of the hospital. This time I was sure of it.

"I just had a great time seeing Noel and Scott together," I admitted. This was only half of the truth. "I saw all of Scott's family and all of Noel's friends. It was a nice quant party with their closest friends and family."

"Ah, I see," he replied. "I didn't pick you as a family girl."

I tried not to be offended with his words but I just shrugged. "I'm not. It's just nice to see other families together."

As soon as I finished saying that sentence I began sneezing, not once but twice. I thought about what Tobias said and how I do everything in pairs. I guess he was right.

"Are you alright?" He asked alarmed. I nodded and looked around for some tissues before I started sneezing again.

"It sounds like you're getting a cold," he mentioned, frowning.

I shook my head, panicking. "I can't be getting sick now. Finals are in a couple of days and Noel's wedding is in a week!"

"Go home," he said. "Go rest and drink lots of fluid."

I sniffed, trying to contain my snot as I couldn't find any tissues. I groaned a little to myself. Of course I could get sick right before every major thing.

~*~

The phone ringing right next to my ear woke me up. As I woke up I noticed that one of my nostrils were clogged up, making it difficult for me to breathe through my nose.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice sounding like something was stuck in my throat. Now that I mentioned it my throat was sore too. Great. I wasn't going to get over this anytime soon.

"God you sound terrible," I heard Tobias say through the other end of the line.

I shut my eyes, hating the feeling I was experiencing right now. I just wanted to go back to sleep.