A Fair Trade

--Larrisa POV--

This Shura Kirkigakure person seemed awfully rude. Why would she assume the rock incident Amaimon's fault? He didn't even know the kid and was with me the whole time. Anyway for the rest of the classes I had my head filled with worry that I couldn't concentrate on any of the work, what sort of things might happen to him being blamed for such a thing.

"Hey, you okay?" Rin sat next to me when the teacher was done talking.
"Huh, I guess." I lied, I was worried sick I just wanted to go to the headmaster's office to see Amaimon. Which is exactly what I told myself not to do! Not to get sidetracked by boys, and yet here I am, slacking in my work over a boy.
"You don't have to worry about Amaimon if that's what your actually doing." He sighed resting his chin in his hand, "He and the headmaster are brothers as you know, so I doubt it could be as bad as banishment to Gehenna or something."
"You all seem to have such a bad history with Amaimon." I looked at the paper on the desk realizing I was a little lost on the subject, hopefully Rin was paying attention and could help me. 
"Uh yeah he almost tried to kill me, turned my friends against me for a while, was going to have me exicuted, broke Konekomaru's arm and a few of Shima's ribs! Going into detail is a long story... but you should be more careful around him."
"I guess it's just something you'd have to have been there... I couldn't see him being that hostile. Besides don't you think people can change?"
"Yeah well it's a little different with demons. They'll only change for one of two things. One, that the gain from changing is greater and more beneficial for them, or two; and the most hardest to achieve, is that their heart has been opened up to someone."

"I don't see how thats any different to humans. But I guess it takes time to forgive the scars made by the past."
"You can say that again." Rin grumbled, "Hey by the way I wasn't paying attention to the lesson and I'm a little lost. Do you think you can help me?"
"Eh!?" Crap now we're both lost!

After school my thoughts of seeing Amaimon at the headmaster's office was stronger but I wouldn't want him to be angry for me stopping by because I'm sure he had a ton of more work to do aside from keeping his younger brother in some torturous routine... I couldn't picture it, not that he wasn't intimidating with just his title but headmaster looked like a court jester of sorts... Maybe on the more slightly creepy side but not terrifyingly scary. Anyway I decided he'd be fine just like Rin told me, I however wouldn't be if I didn't finish this large stack of homework and add more to the project I had to do! I started off in the library for the last bit of research since I didn't have Amaimon here to tell me the rest. I met Bon, Koneko, and Shima working there too, they invited me to sit at the table.

"Wow you're almost done with this!" Konkekomaru whispered looking over my paper, "And you're gonna get a good grade I can tell."
"Thanks." I smiled spinning the book I had in front of me. Why can't I concentrate on anything still?? "Hey you guys what do you all think of Amaimon?" I asked, I still can't get him off my mind... How embarrassing!
"The Earth King? Well I think it's safe to say none of us like him." Konkekomaru answered pushing up his glasses, "But compared to last time he seems different."
"What happened 'last time'?" From what Rin told me left me pretty vague on the whole story.
Koneko was about to explain when Bon nudged him roughly with his elbow causing him to squeak and spin around while they whispered about to themselves. I couldn't hear what they were talking about.
Shima leaned over the table smiling at me with half lidded eyes, "So, got any plans after this?"
"Um I do actually I was hoping to catch another lead about my parents." I answered, it sort of flew over my head that he was trying to ask me out.
"Your parents huh? Well what do ya have so far?" He closed the book in front of him; which was a manga and not anything related to the school project. How does this guy even pass the classes maybe he copies off of Bon or Koneko..
"Just a picture of them from the school year book."
"So they went to school here together huh? I can work with that. Tell ya what, I'll help you out on finding more about them if you let me take you out." His smile got wider and he gave me a wink.
"I don't know how far you'd get if you can't even gather information for a homework assignment." I smirked back only having him lean closer over the table, "Having to do things and wanting to do things are different. When you wanna do stuff it gets done a lot faster don't it?"
"Uh, y-yeah...but I'm not looking for a boyfriend." I'm not sure if he really wants to help or is doing this for his own gain of taking me out and doing who knows what, but he still doesn't stand a chance. 
"Show me the book you got the picture from and I'll take care of the rest!" He smiled happily unfazed by my statement of non-interest. Ugh this guy, but if he can get me another lead somehow then I guess his crazy date would be a fare trade. I'd just act so weird that he never wants to ask me out again.
"Fine." I sighed getting up and seeing him skip onto his feet and hook his arm with mine.
"Hey smell ya later guys, Lannie and I are gonna work on a 'side' project." He waved to Bon and Koneko quickly. Both raising their eye brows and looking at each other with concern.  If they truly believed he was up to no good one of them would have came with us...I hope.

We rounded the corner to where the year books were kept and I pulled out the book where I found the picture I copied. He looked at the cover and then skimmed through the pages squinting momentarily at some of the pictures and tapping at faces humming to himself.
"So do you have something?" I asked as he neared the end of the book.
"Other than some of our teachers are REALLY old, not much else yet. Gimme a day or so to do my thing and I'll get back with you." He smiled and closed the book setting it on the shelf.
"Okay?" I watched him as he looked back at me and this awkward silence came between us for a moment. "So, we should get back to the table huh?" I pointed in the direction we had come from.
"Yeah! Of course." He motioned for me to take lead. He's so weird... But it fits him I guess. When we came back Koneko and Bon quickly rushed to my side.
"What did he do to you Lannie?" Bon asked.
"He didn't touch you did he?" Koneko glared at Shima.
"What?! No!" I shook my head. Did they really think he was that bad?! Why didn't they come with us then!?
"Aw you guys are so mean." Shima pouted, "I can't just help a girl out?"
"Knowing you it would be for some thing in return, and also knowing you and the bunch of books you have around your bed it wouldn't be fitting for a priest in training." Koneko stated.
"I'm not gonna be a priest, how many times do I have to tell you? Besides my work calls for a lot of 'stress relief' it's a natural human instinct you can't blame me for being human." He grumbled crossing his arms.
Are we... Talking about what I think we're talking about?!
"Guys that's not something to discuss in front of a girl." Bon cupped his hands over my ears. And finally the librarian stomped up to the table smacking her finger to her lips and gave out a harsh hiss of, "SSSHHH!!!!"