Chapter 75: WINDOW

Chapter 75: WINDOW

 Alice managed to get out of the tent, punching through the canvas a few times but eventually making it to the ground. Alice looked around the camp, but it was empty. It was silent except for distant gunfire and a clanking sound as someone hit a nearby wall with a battering ram from the outside.

 Alice began to run towards the medical tent. Maybe there was some sort of defensible place there that people had been flocking to.

 Alice looked towards the direction she heard other footsteps in, and saw Nine, limping in the same direction. She didn’t even think twice.

 Alice raised her gun, crouched, and fired four rounds into his back. No one would ever know it had been her. He hit the ground and went into spasm as Alice ran past him.

 As Alice ducked and weaved through tents, she spotted her own, reduced to smouldering wooden beams. She didn’t care much, tents were tents.

 Alice finally saw the medical tent, which was full of bodies. She scanned to see if she could see anyone she knew lying on the ground, but it looked like mostly it was members of the Resistance, people whom Alice had never took the time to learn their names.

  Alice saw LSF begin to swarm the place, nearly fourty moving in from a new hole in the wall all at once. She ducked behind a tent and saw them execute several people that were still stirring. She thought about moving in and doing something incredible with her rifle, but upon checking, she was nearly out of ammo, save for three bullets.

 But apparently Taco was not out.

 The man rolled into sight from a tent, AK-47 in hand, and began to spray at the LSF. Almost eleven went down before one put a well-placed burst into his stoumach. Alice almost yelled out as he slumped down on his front. Defeated.

 Alice, with tears in her eyes, crept away, keeping the rifle prepped but eventually making it to a tent that hadn’t been set on fire yet. She decided she would stay here until something happened, whether that was her dying, or the LSF falling back.

 As Alice curled up behind a table that she carefully flipped over, she thought of something.

 George’s stretcher had been empty.

 (BREAK)

 Alice awoke from a sleep she didn’t realize she was in, still leaning against the table with her rifle in hand. Alice looked around, and realized it was nightfall. And while this sort of thing happened every 24 hours or so, she deemed it as something happening, and so she crept back towards the medical tent.

 Much to Alice’s delight, there were only three armed men next to the tent. Alice looked at the dark tent, hearing what they were saying to eachother.

 “How many did you get?”

 “Maybe twenty?”

 There was a pause. “What about you?”

 “I don’t know. Maybe fourty.”

 “Wow. Impressive. Was it you that got the crazy guy with the AK?”

 “Yeah. That was me.”

 “Well kudos to you I guess.”

 “Yeah. There are way more civilians here than the orientation stuff said there was.”

 “Yeah I saw that.”

 From what Alice could see one of them knelt down.

 “It’s a shame about Ryan here.”