Chapter 26: HELL

Chapter 26: HELL

 It was a 2 out of three weeks into Basic training, and Alice was ready to blow her brains into a sink. 

 Alice and George both fancied eachother, but their relationship had no chance of flourishing under the strenous conditions of training. At four o' clock in the morning, Nikolai would walk into the tiny, claustrophobic cabins with a shotgun, loaded with blanks, and fire a round off. It would only be one cabin being shot at each morning, as the loud boom from the gun was enough to wake everyone in the entire HQ up. The order of the cabins was random, and so your best bet was to wake up earlier then Nikolai did, while it was still so cold you would shiver uncontrollably, and so dark you couldn't see your hands in front of your face, and start doing the assault course or shining your boots. Alice and George only had this time to comfortably see and talk to eachother, as the cabins were split up at all meals. They would get up at one, two in the morning, just so that they could talk, kiss, and simply be in eachothers presence.

 George had been seriously injured, and so Basic was a lot more cushy for him then it was for Alice. He had to run the assault course only twice a day, and with no weights, as opposed to five times a day with a twenty pound jerry-pack. He was also not subject to torture from Nikolai, such as being shot in the back with a paintball gun while standing on one foot, if you fell, you ran the course twice more, with fourty pounds.

 One particular morning, the two lovebirds had gotten up at two in the morning. George's electric blue eyes shone through in the darkness, and Alice was lying beside him on the grass outside the cabins, with just an undershirt and fatigues on, watching the stars. 

 "Can't believe we still have a week to go." Alice said.

 "Can't believe it's almost over."

 "Come off it you jammy sod." Alice said with a giggle. "You're hardly doing anything!"

 "I run the course," He said, in a playful, flirty tone. "Twice a day with nothing on..."

 Alice laughed. "Nothing on, I wish..." She said with a very flirty tone.

 "Any sort of sexual activity? You insane?" George laughed. "Nikolai would kill us if he found out about us, let alone finding us doing it in his compound." 

 "Well George," She said, tracing her index finger on his chest. "Let's rule nothing out..."