Chapter 43: 130

Chapter 43: 130

 "Ah crap." Taco said as he placed his AK-47 on a nearby table and started to move outside of the Locker.

 "Where the hell is he?!" Krew said as he looked worried. "We have a mssion in half an hour!"

 "He'll be here. Let's get going." Redd said, cutting the rest of team short.

 Alice continued to suit up, arming herself with grenades, and the same knife she used in the forest. She cared not if Nine came, she hated him and she didn't want to do this with him.

 Alice decided she was done with her guns and ammo. She walked out of the chilly locker that was full of arguing from her team members. It was amazing how little they got along when it didn't matter, but when it came down to it, they were liked a choreographed ballet, or a well-oiled machine, killing silently, moving quickly, in and out.

 As she wondered how long her team was going to bicker, she heard a huge rumble from above, and looked up to see an extremley large, low-flying aeroplane coming towards the base. Must have been the AC-130.

 The plane began to touch down over the nearest ridge, and again, Alice wondered where it landed. She decided she would have found out by now if it was important.

 (Break)

 As the plane began to taxi on the runway with the team inside of it., -including a tired looking Nine who eventually got himself to the plane- , Alice placed her rifle on a table beside her. The plane, despite being armed with four high caliber machine-guns and two huge air-to-ground artillery weapons, was like a first class airliner, with carpeted floors, comfortable leather chairs, and even a bar.

 Angel was behind the bar before the plane had even lifted off, and Alice knew why he was there, but she decided it polite to ask.

 "What're you drinking?" Alice asked, motioning to the short glass of clear liquid on the rocks he was sipping.

 "Alcohol. Care for a glass?"

 Alice thought for a second. Back home, she had taken an oath never to drink again after her relationship with Ryan, when he took advantage of her with alcohol.

 She wasn't back home.

 "Okay."

 Alice opened up the fridge and saw a wide array of alcohols next to poorly labelled gun oils. She was careful to choose the bottle of clear liquid that wouldn't kill her just yet, a bottle of vodka, proudly proclaiming to be 'The Smoothest, most traditionally made Vodka in Landerwon". The label was ZERO Vodka. Alice dispensed some ice into a short glass and poured the vodka overtop of it. She sipped it, and the familiar, strong, rubbing alcohol taste hit her like a punch in the face from an old friend. She knocked back the whole thing at once now, and then left the glass on the bar counter.

 Alice now went back to check on her weapons, sick that she had given up an oath for one glass of vodka. Satisfied her weapons were in perfect shape, she moved up to the cockpit that Redd and Krew were in, flying the plane steadily.

 As she drew back the curtain, she was taken aback by the dim cockpit, lit only by the glowing screens of the various consoles that surrounded the two white clothed men. The sun coming up was beautiful as it lit up the increasingly snow-filled lands.

 "How's it going?" Alice asked, walking around and looking at the flashing screens and lights.

 "Okay. We're just entering the LSF airspace. Let the rest of the team know so we're ready." Redd said. "Things are gonna get a little bit crazy potentially up in the air."