Chapter 39: GLOVES

Chapter 39: GLOVES

 Two and a half weeks later after that night, Alice was in Big Top, sneaking a peek at the most up-to-date strategic map. There were two different colours of five centimetre whittled wood statuettes. Black was Resistance, and red was LSF. There were only two spots where there were clusters of black, in the forest, although there were small groups of red. There was another cluster of black in the plains. Just two spots, Alice was amazed by how in jeapordy the base was.

 Alice was snapped out of the concentration by a puch to the side of her head. Her ear was ringing, and she turned lightning fast, already pulling her gun out of her houlster. She aimed it at a kid about a year younger then her. She began to walk towards him.

 "What was that!?"

 "Easy..." He said. "Wanna fight?!"

 Alice houlstered the gun.

 "Playground, five minutes."

 (Break)

 Alice was just in a beater and sweats, with tape on her hands. Kendo was behind her. He passed her a bottle of water, and she took a sip. She cracked her knuckles, and then ticked her head to the side so that her neck made a small crick.

 There was a crowd around the playground, all chanting: "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"

 Fights were allowed in the base, as they were a way of relieving boredom for people. There was almost nothing you weren't allowed to do, just that you weren't allowed to intentionally kill your opponent, no eye gouging. You could fight for whatever reason, as long as you weren't going to pull weapons on eachother. It was fists only.

 "Fight!" 

 Alice ran towards him, seeing the kid, head shaved, freckles dominating his face. Alice found contempt for him, his beady eyes, upturned, piggy nose, praying to be punched. 

 Alice ran into him, going low and grappling his legs. She slammed him into the ground, already feeling confident that she had this guy on the ground. She starddled him, and planted a fist in his jaw. No blood yet, but she could change that. She punched him again, this time connecting with his nose. Stil no blood, still no broken nose. Alice went to go with a heavier punch, putting her whole shoulder behind it. It smashed into his hand, which blocked the hit. He twisted her fist into a painful armlock, and then kicked her off with both his feet to her gut.

 Alice's back hit the wooden plank floor of the playground. She scrambled up quickly before he could do anything with the golden position she was just in. Alice put her fists up above her face, and watched the kid come towards her. He punched at her, but she managed to deflect it with her forearms. She returned a punch, smashing into his stoumach with good force. He moved like he was going to double over, but he managed to stay upright. Alice saw he was hurt, and so further injured him with an elbow to the face. She now had her back to him, and she finshed the maneouver by sweeping his legs out from underneath him. She was dominating this kid. She wrapped a hand around his neck, and spoke to him;

 "Before I knock you cold... What's your name?"

 "I only say this so you know who punches your lights out, it's Gnat."

 Alice punched him square in the nose, and this time a CRACK accompanied a spray of blood going up her arm and making her tape soggy with red. He was still awake however, and so Alice pulled him up off the ground, dragged him over to a metal railing, grabbed him by the back of the head, pulled him up, and smashed his face into the railing. He slumped to the ground, very, very, unconscious.

 "Well Gnat," She said as she peeled the bloody tape off her hands and dropped it on the floor, "It appears as if I get your dinner."