Chapter 30: SOOT

Chapter 30: SOOT 

 After the commotion, Kendo and Nine were both sent to the medtent. Kendo had a collapsed lung, and Alice had the pleasure of seeing the surgery up-close as another man, Jacob Glass prepared in his wheelchair. He eventually got there and wheeled her to the place known by the soldiers as 'The Tailor'. Inside, a lady called Soot was walking around, raving to herself and nearly foaming at the mouth. 

 "SOOT!"

 "Oh! Mr. Glass, what can I do for y-" Soot straightened up as she saw the pretty young lady standing before her. "What can I do for the two of you?"

 "She needs fatigues. Mission tonight."

 "Oh... Certainly. Step this way." She looked back to Jacob. "I'll talk to you (Italics) later (Italics)."

 Jacob grunted uncomfortably. 

 Alice was told to sit on top of a stool, and Soot began to measure her with a measuring tape. As Alice looked around the room, trying not to move too much, she saw a wierd poster on the far wall, a white piece of paper with the black characters; 10/6. It was half covered with old fabrics and clothes. Alice let out a tiny yelp as she was pricked by a pin for no reason.

 "Sorry." She threw the pin in a jar, which was nearly half-way filled with other bloodstained pins.

 "Jake!!!" Soot yelled outside. "What colour are her clothes?!"

 "Black! Everything needs to be black!"

 "Right..." She said under her breath.

 Alice was given a set of black fatigues, cargoes and a shirt. Alice went behind a wall of fabric to change into them. When she emerged, a heavy black vest was thrown into her arms. All of the houlsters, mag holders, and various compartments she would ever need were clipped onto it. As she clipped her sheathed knife onto the vest, Soot looked at her, handing her a black balaclava.

 "You might want this, you know... The hair..."

 "Thanks Soot."

 "Be careful out there."

 Alice nodded and walked out of the tailorshop.