Chapter 77: ENOUGH

Chapter 77: ENOUGH

 Alice stared into space as people crowded by her. They were all moving towards the hangar, but first they had to get reasonably armed. There was a simple armoury that had a few rifles, but mostly handguns. Every person was armed and loaded, including Alice having a total of twenty-four magazines for the VoidGun.

 Alice stood awkwardly in the middle of the hallway, hands holding her rifle as people pushed past her. She wasn’t sure how many of these people would make it, and she wasn’t sure she had made the right choice. Alice kept staring until Romeo punched her in the shoulder.

 “Come on, then. We’ve got to go.”

 (BREAK)

 Spencer had been in the LSF for two and a half years now, but he’d never really fought. When The Resistance attacked The Forest, he was in the CAV, not twenty minutes away from the LSF base. He wanted so badly to get in his car and head there, but he was told to stay in the CAV in case of more Resistance. He was doing an inspection in the Glacier when the man he was convening with was called to action to the residences. He chased after him and eventually found his body in the snow, murdered by The Resistance. In Threader City, he stood right beside ZERO when she was shot. He had been one of the first to be taken down by the Natives, a bullet grazing his temple. He reached to the bandage on his head with the itching wound underneath, but a hand stopped him.

 “Don’t scratch at it, Spencer. You’ll only make it worse.” The woman who sat beside him said.

 Spencer nodded and looked over the plains, feeling the vibrations in his boots from the helicopter he stood in. He looked to his left, seeing the blonde hair of the woman sitting in the helicopter chair. Her arm was bandaged heavily at the elbow, where the limb stopped.

 “Well ZERO, what now?”