Chapter 45: DOWN

Chapter 45: DOWN

 The pressurized cabin sucked the team towards the gaping hole where the door to the gun room had been. It was Taco who was nearest to the hole. He flew out, and as Alice attempted to fathom not ever seeing him again, he managed to grab hold of a loose cable. It spat fire and fat, orange sparks of electricty into his bare face. His lips began to turn blue.

 "JAMES!" Redd, who was clinging to a computer console after flying out of the open cockpit, screamed to the flailing figure defying gravity.

 The plane was still level, but it was begining to tilt, so the huge hole was starting to be a large open window looking down at the ground that was two miles below them.

 Alice was pinned against a table, which was fixed to the floor. She knew she had to do something. Taco just had a t-shirt and white cargoes on, no parachute, no oxygen at all.

 The plane was diaganol now, and Alice, her mask on, jumped over the table and jumped out the hole. She snatched Taco as she whipped past. She was now hanging off his leg. She climbed up him, using every ounce of her strenght to get to his torso, then up to the cable. She pulled off her mask, the wind hitting her like a slap in the face. She put it onto his face, struggling to breathe. She grabbed him by the armpit, and pulled him as she climbed up the rope with one hand. It was one of the most difficult things she had ever done. Taco's arm was ice cold, his fingers turning black. Alice kept pulling him, feeling his pulse weaken as he went unconscious. Her eyelids lulled as her strength drained. The cable was slowly pulling out of the plane, but Alice didn't care. Just...

 Just...

 Sleep...

  Her fingers slipped off of the black cable.

 She flew down towards the earth.