Chapter 11: OUT

Chapter 11: OUT

 “So I’m getting out today?” Alice said.

 “Yes, they’re discharging you at about noon.” Malone said. He looked very worried.

 “What’s your problem? You look really stressed out.”

 “I’m the psychiatrist here, aren’t I?” Malone said with a laugh. “I’m just a little concerned. I’m not sure if you’re ready to be released.”

 “What?! Why not?!”

 “The pills are not giving you satisfactory results. The dream still occurs, and so do the visions.”

 “Well they hardly hurt me, do they?”

 “No, but I’m afraid you may do something to hurt yourself or others, and I don’t want that, and I don’t think that you want that either.”

 “I don’t, Malone, but I have been in this hospital for over four months! I’ve been in hospitals for about two years of my life, when I should be going to school, hanging out with my friends. I feel like an old person! I should be living my life, not being shipped to ER's! I’m not some damn famous medical case, I’m a kid!”

 “Alice, I understand, and I don’t necessarily mean in this hospital, or any other ER for that matter.”

 “Screw that. I’m getting out and I’m not coming back.”

"Give this to your mother when you do, I suppose." He handed her a sealed envelope, with Fhionna scrawled on the front. Alice began to tear it open, but Malone cut her off. "Just, for your mother, Alice."

"Yeah, whatever."