22: The Boy Next Door

"BOO!"

"Ah!" I yelled, popping out of my bed. My eyes widened in fright, but when I looked up and saw Justin, I calmed down and gave him an annoyed look. "You scared the shit out of me." I said, reaching up and hitting him upside the head.

"Ow! No need for violence."

I rolled my eyes and looked at my digital clock. It was noon. I hadn't even noticed I was sleeping so late. I looked back up at Justin. "How did you get in here?" I asked.

"Your mom let me in."

"I really need to tell her to stop doing that." I bluntly said.

"Ouch." He said, putting his hand over his heart. "What's got your panties in a bunch?" He asked, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I sighed and threw the covers off of myself. I folded my legs into a criss cross position. "I saw Catelynn kissing Danny the other night." I admitted.

Justin's eyes gradually widened as he processed what I'd said. "Damn..." He mumbled. "Sorry, Mel. That must be hard." I shrugged. Justin sighed. "So, what are you gonna do? Eat tubs of ice cream and watch sad romance movies all day?"

"Pft. No. I'm not like those girls on the TV shows." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. But before I knew it, a tear drop fell from my eye. Justin leaned in and squeezed me in a tight hug.

"There, there." He said as he rubbed the back of my head.

"Okay, okay." I said, releasing from his grip and wiping my eyes. "Seriously, I'm over it. I'm fine." I said. "But...one tub of chocolate ice cream and one sad romance movie wouldn't kill." I said, putting a weak smile on my face.

Justin smiled. "Let's do it."

Justin and I then walked downstairs. I didn't bother brushing my teeth because I didn't feel like it. And I know it's gross, but I couldn't care less right about now.

When we were downstairs, I walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer. I grabbed the tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and I grabbed two big spoons from the cabinet.

Justin and I walked to the living room. I looked through the large shelf of movies we had and I picked out the movie, A Walk To Remember.

I put the movie in the DVD player and Justin and I sat on the couch. I opened the ice cream and we began eating it as the movie began.

"So, have you talked to either Catelynn or Danny after it happened?" Justin asked halfway through the movie.

I shook my head. "Nah. Both of them have sent me a few apology messages, but I always ignore them." I explained.

Justin nodded. "Well maybe it was-"

"Shh!!" I interrupted him, my eyes glued to the TV screen. "This is the saddest part. The part where Jamie tells Landon she has cancer." I said, taking a big scoop out of my ice cream and popping it in my mouth. Justin rolled his eyes as he watched the movie.

A tear drop dropped from my eyes as the scene finished. I turned towards Justin and grabbed his shirt and wiped my eyes with it.

"Gross." He said, backing away.

Justin and I watched the remainder of the movie, and by the time the movie was done, we had finished the entire tub of chocolate ice cream.

A few minutes later, Justin left. When he left, I walked upstairs to my room and plopped on my bed. I stared up at my ceiling and thought. My mind suddenly switched to the last time I had talked to Michael. I remembered how mad he was when I told him he didn't know what it felt like to be alone.