let's get these teen hearts beating

Hayley's Point of View

I gasped for air as I woke up. I'd never woken up and had to gasp for air before. I felt like I wasn't getting any air and my heart had stopped pumping. I didn't mean to, but I woke Alex up.

"Hey, hey, what's going on?" He whispered as he sat up. He put his hand on the other side of me, so he was basically on top of me. "You have to calm down."

I still couldn't breathe. Alex kept trying to coax me into breathing. When I finally started returning to normal, Alex started to get out of bed. "I need to check on my sister," he told me. I sure as hell hoped she wasn't going through what I was.

I felt something dripping down my upper lip. I wiped it with the back of my hand, and brought it back down. There was blood smeared across my hand, and I started to panic.

"Alex!" I screamed. It didn't even cross my mind that I could be waking up his parents. He came running into the room. He stopped at the door frame, and furrowed his eyebrows. Then he came, closer and sat on the bed.

"What is it?"

"What's bleeding? Is it my nose?" I asked, showing him my hand. He put his hand under my chin, and lifted my head slightly. "Why is it bleeding, Alex?"

I was frantic and scared. Alex hurried out of the room, and came back with tissues. He handed them to me, and I held them under my nose. He tilted my head back a little, and pinched the bridge of my nose.

He leaned on the pillows as he held onto my nose. I kept holding the tissues. "Do you think I'm dying?"

"No, I think you need to calm down," he said. He let out a small laugh, and moved his head to look me in the eyes. "Come on. In and out. In and out..."

I matched my breathing with his words, and just kept staring into his eyes. He started leaning in, and I moved my hand and the tissues away. His hand cupped my cheek, and then his lips were on mine. He started moving over me as he kissed me.

He pulled away, and sat on my thighs. His knees were on either side of me, and his hands went to my jeans. He unbuttoned and unzipped them. He leaned back down to kiss me, and his hands stayed at my hips.

The door opened, and Alex froze. I was afraid to open my eyes, but I did anyway. Alex's sister was standing in the doorway, staring at us. Alex turned to look, and then quickly sat himself next to me.

"What are you doing, Ally?" Alex yelled. He reached behind, and pulled a pillow out. He put it over his boner as I put my hands over my face. Ally had closed her eyes when she realized what was going on.

"I just- never mind." She ran out of the room, and Alex and I looked at each other. Alex still had his hands on the pillow.

"Well that kind of killed the mood," I said. Alex rolled onto his side, so he was closer to me.

"Well, we'll have to fix it," he said. He put his arm around me, and kissed me again. I tried to get into it again, but I just wasn't feeling them. He started kissing down my neck as he pulled at my pants.

He got up to get a condom, and also took his pants off. He sat on his knees, hovering above me. He pulled my jeans off, and threw them on the floor. I let him have a little fun, and then we got sleep again.

We wandered downstairs late in the morning. Everyone else was gone with a note left in the kitchen. After showering and eating, we curled up on the couch. He chose a movie, and I laid down on his lap.

I was falling asleep again, and I could feel Alex's hands in my hair. I was trying to keep my eyes open, but they were fighting against me. The front door slammed open, and Alex jumped up. My head fell from his lap, and onto the couch. Alex had his hand out, motioning me to stay down. I laid as flat as I could, just hoping whoever it was wouldn't notice me.

"Where's Jack?" The person yelled. I thought it might be Rian, but I wasn't sure. I didn't know that Jack had been here. Where was he now?

"I don't know. If he was around, don't you think that he'd be here, trying to kill me?" Alex said. He never glanced down at me, which was good. One little glance would've given me away. I was impressed with how strong he was.

"Well, you know the basics. You can either get over here with me, so I'll shoot your family when they get back. Your choice," Rian taunted. I bit my lip, and looked up at Alex. 

"How do you know that my family is even around? Maybe they're gone," Alex said. Rian shot at Alex, and thee bullets grazed Alex's shoulder. I almost screamed, and Alex actually did a little. He brought his opposite hand up to the wound. He held it, keeping pressure on it.

"Get over here, now." Alex slowly started shuffling forward. I couldn't let him just give up. He had no defense, unless I did something. I managed to crawl off the couch, and Alex stopped. He glanced at me, which Rian caught. "What?"

"There's just a pillow on the floor. It's nothing." He continued moving forward. I laid on my stomach on the floor, and tried to figure out what the hell I was gonna do. There were a couple more gunshots, but they didn't hit Alex. He was just trying to make him go faster.

I just stood, and ran. I did it all as quick as I could. Rian was yelling and shooting, and I was full of panic. I made it to the kitchen, and slid on the tiled floor. Rian ran in shortly after, and pointed the gun at me. I had no idea where Alex was.

Rian turned quickly, and shot. He must have hit Alex because I heard him hit the floor. Rian smiled as he turned back to me.

"Bad guys, one; you, zero," Rian said. I knew it was all over. They had Alex and I both. Who could possibly save us now?