Chapter 17: Badass

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We all decided to leave the base for a day, being cooped up for too long in one place during an apocalypse wasn't safe for the sanity. We needed sunlight and fresh air and we sure wouldn't have found it in that haunted looking building.

Some jittered nervously, others showed excited grins. Me, I was a little bit of both. Happy to blow off some steam but nervous since we were putting our lives on the line being out here. "Where to?" Cole asked as he stepped up beside me. "Anywhere I suppose, no one left anything behind in case of a raid when we're gone so we can leave this place behind if we must" I informed.

I turned around to the other's "All right everyone here's the plan, We'll separate into two groups, Cry will lead one group" I gently nudged the male to my side "And I will lead the other, the reason? We both grew up near here, just a town over so we know the are better than the rest of you guys, Cole you stay with my team, we need an even separation of those with experience in the wilderness and those who don't".

There weren't any objections, soon our groups were separated "We'll head due West, you guys do east. Basically you guys go left we'll go right, you ready?" there was hesitant nods "all right, let's roll people".

We bid each other goodbye and left our separate ways "was it really a good idea to separate?" Dan asked speeding up to walk by my side "It's not a good idea to be in big groups, or to be in too many small ones. Too many small ones and your get bombarded than there's no enough people to fight back, ergo you get killed. Too many people and we'll attract attention, we'll get worried about others and lose our heads, bot metaphorically and literally" I explained.

Dan nodded in understand "How'd you figure this all out?" he questioned, I gave him a sheepish grin "Do you want an honest answer?", he nodded.

"Video games, they're not real but they do have good advice" I shrugged. Dan chuckled and pat my on the shoulder before slowing down to be in line with Phil once more. I heard rustling in front of us and stopped dead, balling my hand into a fist and holding it up to stop the others.

"Wha-" I hushed them, I hovered my hand up palm facing downwards and lowered it, telling them to lay low. They crouched, I readjusted my grip on the shotgun and with Cole at my side we hesitantly crept forward.

Pressing our backs against the tree we glanced out from behind the bark, walkers. Around 10 of them all dotted around the place; I turned to face the others and whispered "10 walkers, we can handle this. Remember keep your skin as far away as possible and go for the brain. Don't forget, if you see a survivor in trouble get one of us and help. Stay calm, and let go of your prejudices. These things are okay to kill, now let's move out".

I tip toed ahead, making sure to avoid stepping on dry leaves and twigs, balancing on the roots sticking up out of the ground until I came up behind an unsuspecting walker. I placed my shotgun in my backpack pulling out my bat.

I held the handle up above the walker's head, I slammed it down. The handle slammed down into the cranium sending dark brown blood to seep. The walker let out a small growl before collapsing to the floor, it's weakened skull collapsing easily.

With a stiffled grunt I swung the bat down onto the crushed skill to ensure death. I glanced around me, the other's had taken that time to attack themselves, using blades, bottles, bats and guns (With silencers).

I wiped my mouth with the back of my sleeve and cleaned off the bat with the dead Walker's clothes. When I was finished there was a pile of dead walkers on the floor and worn out survivors "We're so...BADASS!" Minx cheered.

I looked around "right, who votes for going back? Who votes for continuing on?" I Asked, Surely enough, continuing on won the vote. We kept our guard up and marched forward, Cole took the lead with my advice and I took the rear.

I glanced behind us, and pursed my lips. I hoped that the others weren't back yet and wondering where we were. "Good luck Cry"