Chapter 48: Don't let me turn

"Shut up and kiss me already"

Cry's mouth fell closed in surprise at my request, or rather, demand, before slowly the corners of his lips began to turn up at the corners. Leaning towards me, his front teeth grazed his lower lip briefly.

"Gladly"

Cry's head dipped down, the tips of his eyelashes brushing the inside of his mask as his eyes slipped closed and slowly there was a warm pressure. The soft plump of his lips sealing over my own, I could feel him smile into the kiss, a warmth spreading fast through my chest/

I couldfeel my own smile tug at my lips, soon it could no longer be called a kiss, simply the pressing of the middle of our lips as we weakly supressed laughs.

I tilted my head forward, breaking the contact between our mouths to press my forehead against the cold plastic of his mask.

I breathed in slowly and deeply, taking in the moment as his hands came up to rest on my cheeks. Thumbs brushing at my hairline, he bit his lip "why didn't we do that sooner?" he whispered.

I let a breathless laugh leave my lips, my shoulders rising and dropping briefly. "We definitely should have" came my own gentle whisper. Grasping my wrists gently, he slowly begn to draw me closer, to which I shuffled closer until my knees were resting against his.

The tip of his nose brushed gently against my own, guiding my head to tilt back once again. His head lowered once more, my chin grasped gently between his thumb and index finger.

I could feel the warmth that radiated off of him, this time the smile slowly slipping from his face so he could kiss me properly.

And that he did.

His free hand slowly slipping around to cup the back of my neck, with less hesitance this times, he pressed his lips up gainst mine once again. It was slow and gentle, befitting of a new relationship, the simple pressing of lips but even so I could feel my blood rushing faster through my veins.

I could feel myself warm up from the base of my neck to the tips of my ears, my head tilted slowly to fit more comfortably against him. The tip of my nose brushed against the broken edge of his mask.

The break away was as slow as the kiss, we hestitated to cut the contact, lips gradually parting from one another.

I took a trembling breath, slowly leaning away from the male. Cry let out a quiet laugh, reaching up to brush the tip of my nose with his finger gently "you've got an indent in your nose now" he mumbled.

I tapped the cheek of his mask "and whose fault is that?" I teased quietly, he tilted his head up to press his lips against the underside of my finger with a snicker "sorry, sorry...did you want to see?" he mumbled quietly, almost unsure.

I closed my eyes and gave a slow shake of my head "it's okay, you don't have to push yourself just because we're together now. You can show me when you're ready".

His shoulders dropped with a loud breath of relief "thank you, it's not that I don't trust you it's just-" he bit his lip, trailing off.

"It's okay Cry, I understand" I whispered, leaning in to press a gentle peck to his lips "but we can't stay cooped up in here all down, we should get out and check on everyone". I slipped off of the bed, standing up and stretching my arms over my head with a quiet groan.

Cry let out a defeated sigh and swung his legs over the side of the bed, standing up and smiling down at me. "This is kind of, really surreal" he mumbled under his breath, stepping towards me until the tips of his boots against my own.

He reached up to my overstretched arms to entwine our fingers together, "I don't want you to think I'm acting any differently now towards you, I've just been holding myself back this whole time, it's not that I think any diffe--"

Cry was cut off abruptly by the sound of loud arguing that was coming through the open windows, a familiar female voice yelling loudly in a British accent "Minx?" I mumbed quietly. With his hands still in mine, I raced out of the room, dragging Cry behind me.

We were down the stairs and out the door in no time, pushing it open and stepping, looking around for the source of the commotion. Our group was gathered in a crowd, surrounding who I could only guess was Minx.

I released Cry's hand to push my way through the crowd, stumbling to a stop at the front of the crowd, eyes wide and lips parted in horror. Minx stood there, blood staining her shirt, her face was enraged, cheeks red and heavy tears staining her cheeks.

She clutch Krism to her side defensively, Krism was in an equal amount of tears, holding her wrist to her chest, the front of her shirt drenched in blood.

"You can't kick her out! She hasn't turned yet!" came Minx's eager cries as Krism buried her face in her wife's shoulder. 

I held up my hnds to try and calm the purple haired female "what-- what's going on here?" I mumbled, glancing down at Krism's blood soaked arm.

"When....when we were escaping she was scratched but she's fine! She's fine it's just a bit of blood! That's all" Minx sputtered, her arms tightening around her beloved.

"She was scratched?" I breathed out, hand coming up to cover my mouth in disbelief.

"Please" there came a weak whimper from Krism, her face as she turned to look at me nerly broke my heart in two.

Her jaw was clenched to hide her trembling lower lip, the inner corners of her eyebrows pinched together in pain. Her usually bright eyes were filled with tears that were quickly flooding down her reddened cheeks.

"Please, please don't send me away, please don't leave me alone. I'm begging you" she sobbed, her voice cracking and trembling with each word.

"Please (Y/N), please don't let me turn"