Chapter 30

(A/N: This story is happening while two of my other stories are happening so if you've read those first before this chapter, sorry for the spoiler. Hehehe.)

Natapos na ang sayawan and everyone went back to their seats. Jake quickly led me back to where we were sitting. He kissed me. "Babe, wait here. I'll be a minute," sabi nya.

Tinakbo nya ang hall papunta sa gilid ng ballroom where Chris was dancing sweetly with a girl na nakayakap sa kanya. That girl's familiar. I've seen her somewhere.

I saw that Jake whispered to Chris when he got to them. Mabilis lang din sya don at iniwan nya na sila.

"What's happening? Girlfriend ni Chris yun?" tanong ko kay Jake.

"Girlfriend ni Ron yun," pagtatama ni Jake not looking at me.

Nangunot ang noo ko. "Eh ba't-?"

"Long story. I'll tell you, but not now," bulong at halik ni Jake sa'kin.

"Okay," payag ko.

The program proceeded as normal. Several others gave us messages including Justine and some Ninongs and Ninangs.

"And of course, this evening wouldn't be complete without hearing words of wisdom from the newlyweds' parents. Let's start with Mr. and Mrs. Estanislao," sabi ng emcee.

Daddy asked for mommy's hand at naglakad sila patungo sa harap. Everyone shushed. Estanislaos have that air of confidence and grace. You would want to listen to what they will say.

Si Mommy muna ang kumuha ng mic. "Good evening everyone," she addressed the crowd. "It is such an honor and a pleasure for our families that you are here to join us this evening in witnessing this momentous occasion for our son Jacques and our new daughter Aileen. I'm extremely proud of them for making it this far, for making this gathering possible. You don't know the half of how this event came to play. Maraming mga naging problema, maraming mga hindi inaasahang pangyayari pero Jake and Aileen proved na hindi sila matitinag ng basta-basta. Hindi pa sila mag-asawa pero they work well together na. I am elated for you son dahil mas mapapatunayan mo pa sa pinaka-matindi mong kritiko, which is yourself, ang kaya mo pang gawin bilang isang lalaki at ngayon, as a family man. The next chapter of both your lives wait. And Aileen, thank you for completing my son. At ang sabi nga ni Lilian, we look forward to the babies."

Jake raised his wine glass to that. I did too.

"Son!" sigaw ni Daddy pagkatanggap nya ng mic. Nagulat at natawa ang ilan. "Sa wakas! Nakapagpalaki ako ng anak hanggang sa puntong ito na sya naman ang magsisimula ng pamilya nya." He looked at us. "Jake was a handful growing up but he was a curious fella that I had known I could count on. I never doubted his abilities. Early on I knew that he knows, that he could take on the world and he did in his own ways, not like his old man. It showed how brave his character is to get out of a path patterned for him. He carved his own path that put his name in his field that also brought variety to his family name. Wala kang masasabi kundi...," Daddy's voice broke that made Jake choke too. "...I'm proud of you anak. Mahal na mahal kita. Mahal na mahal ka namin ng mommy mo at ng mga kapatid mo. You sometimes had to keep us together dahil sa mga limitasyon namin dahil matanda na kami at ang mga kapatid mo may sari-sarili na ring buhay pero I appreciate all the things you do for us. At ngayon, I know you'd focus more on Aileen and the family you'll build together kaya si Chris naman ang kukulitin ko." Tumawa ang lahat. People were looking for Chris pero wala sya.

"Nasan si Chris?" bulong ko kay Jake.

"Mamaya natin pag-usapan," sabi ni Jake.

"To the newlyweds!" Daddy's voice roared. Everyone clinked glasses in a toast.