*REVISED* Chapter Fourteen

A/N You guys did it!!

Thank you all so much for giving The Cliche Gone Wrong 20 reads! You don't even know how much I appreciate it! If it can get 5 more likes before noon tomorrow I'll post another chapter, to make it a total of three chapters you'll read tomorrow! Otherwise, you'll just have to wait for whenever I get the time to post it!

Enjoy the next chapter of Loves Me Not, and all the trouble that comes along with it!

I wake up to the morning light pouring through my window and warming my face. I reach blindly for my phone, trying to check the time but unwilling to open my eyes to do so. I give up after a few seconds of blind groping and relax back into my pillows.

It feels late. I should probably be getting up right about now. I'm not exactly sure why though. I don't have anything planned for the day, but Mom probably has a bunch of things on her never-ending list of errands I can do for her.

After 30 minutes of trying to prepare myself to face the world I finally roll off of the bed to start my day. I clumsily pad to my bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror for a moment. I frown at my bushy roots peeking out from under my box braids. Dammit I forgot to tie my hair down last night. I eye the drool stains at the corners of my mouth and I can smell the morning breath emanating from my mouth without even trying.

Yeah... mornings are definitely not my strong suit.

I get to work taming the shrew that took over while I was asleep, starting with this rancid breath. I start to brush my teeth with a vengeance. Next I floss and then rinse with some Listerine. My mouth tastes significantly better.

I flash a smile to myself in the mirror, inspecting my pearly whites. All of my teeth are straight as can be. They better be after suffering through the traumatizing experience called "having braces" for 2 and a half years. I can see it was worth it as I look at my dazzling smile.

My smile quickly disappears as I catch a whiff of the odor permeating from my armpits. I take another sniff, quickly turning my face away when I confirm that the smell is in fact coming from me. Oh, I didn't take a shower yesterday.

Or the day before.

Yeah I definitely need to shower.

I turn on the water before walking back into my room to grab my phone and portable speaker, turning on my go-to shower playlist. I can't take a shower without some tunes. I quickly strip out of my clothes and dance my way into the shower. I sing along to every song that comes on, using the bottle of conditioner as a microphone. I swear, if I could actually sing I would be better than Beyoncé with the way I move.

I take more time than necessary scrubbing my body with my favorite body wash from Bath and Body Works: A Thousand Wishes. If I had one wish right now it would be to stay under this waterfall of ignorant bliss forever.

Ultimately I decide I shouldn't raise my parents' water bill to a ridiculously high amount by moving into this glass-encased oasis, so I reluctantly shut off the water and get out of the shower. I grab two towels from the cabinet underneath my sink and wrap one around my midsection. As I walk into my room to get dressed I'm using the other towel to dry off my braids.

"Hey sexy," I hear a deep voice say.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" I shriek as I scramble backward, trying to move in the opposite direction of the voice. I end up tripping over my own two feet and tumble to the ground. I wrap my towel around myself tighter, trying to make sure that nothing was exposed in my spill.

All I can hear is shrill, high pitched laughter. And not just a chuckle. The kind of laugh someone does when they are gasping for air; holding their sides and unable to continue standing laughter. The kind of laugh that is really familiar and I can swear I've heard before.