*REVISED* Chapter Eighteen

"Wake uuuuppp," Ellie whines, poking me in the back. I groan as I roll away from her, tucking my head under the pillow. "Come on Kaiy, wake up its breakfast time."

"I have never eaten breakfast in my entire life and I do not plan on starting today." I squeeze my eyes shut as I feel the darkness of unconsciousness begin to surround me once more.

"You literally eat breakfast every morning back at school." Ellie laughs as she pokes me again. I move to plant both of my feet against her body and shove, roughly propelling her off of the bed. Once she is gone I spread out, attempting to take up all of the space in her King sized bed as I start to fall back asleep.

Suddenly I feel a hand enclose around my ankle and pull. One hard yank and I go flying off of the bed. We crash onto the ground in a heap of limbs and appendages. My head is crushed between Ellie's legs while I'm pretty sure she has a superb view of my ass that is pushed high into the air right in front of her face. I feel a hand plant firmly on my lower back and push so that I roll to the side.

"I hate you," I grumble as I slowly push myself to a sitting position.

"Melanie made Belgian Waffles," she replies.

I regard her carefully before I move to stand up. "Whatever."

We both slowly make our way downstairs, the silence of the house encouraging us to walk extra slow. We enter the kitchen to see a spread of food laid out on the island with no one else in sight. All of the food still has steam rising off of it, so we fill up our plates and move to sit in the breakfast nook by the bay window. We eat in silence; the only sounds between us are the scraping of forks on plates and occasional requests to pass the syrup. Suddenly a burst of noise causes both of our heads to jerk up. We watch Jeremiah noisily bound into the kitchen, his hands clapping together as he eyes the food. He looks at us as an afterthought, cheerfully throwing greetings our way before he fills two plates high with some of everything on the counter.

It takes no effort for me to ignore him; the limited energy I have this early in the morning is solely reserved for bringing this fork to my mouth repeatedly. Jeremiah scooches in next to me on the bench, forcing me to move over so that I can put some space between us.

"So I've figure out why you're mad at me," he grins deviously as he chomps on a crispy piece of bacon. I don't bother to look at him, focusing on the waffle in front of me.

Ellie looks up though. "Me or her?"

"Her. Obviously." Jeremiah dismisses his sister with a wave of his bacon before tossing the rest of it into his mouth. "You have no reason to be mad at me."

"I always have a reason to be mad at you," she snorts. "But KD is probably pissed because you kept kicking her under the table last night." We both look to her in surprise.

"You ended up accidentally kicking me a couple times, too," she shrugs.

"No, that wasn't an accident. That was just the icing on top of the cake." This time Jer waves her off with a piece of waffle that is on his fork before he shoves that into his mouth as well. "I'm talking about why she got pissed in the first place, which forced me to resort to kicking her under the table. I'm talking about why she has been avoiding be for the past few months. I'm talking about what happened in August."

My leg flies back before I slam it into Jeremiah's shin. He curses loudly as he crouches over, clutching his bruised bone as he glares at me. I grunt slightly as I lose my appetite for the rest of my food. I look to the left and right, realizing I'm sandwiched in by both Masters. Ellie sees my predicament and moves to let me out. I gratefully take the escape, ignoring Jeremiah's questioning glare as I escape the kitchen.

I disappear upstairs into Ellie's room, turning on the TV that is mounted on the wall opposite her bed as I reach for my phone. I don't have any new messages, so I scroll through Instagram as I wait for the commercial break to be over and Ellie to come upstairs. The door opens at that moment, although Ellie isn't the one to enter the room. I pretend not to see Jeremiah walking up to the bed, my eyes glued to my phone screen.

"I know you see me, Kaiydeen," he huffs, annoyed I'm not giving him the time of day. I continue to ignore him, scrolling through my feed as I double tap on my friends' pictures. "So you're still pissed about what happened in August?"

"Of course I'm fucking pissed about what happened in August!" I explode, dropping my phone onto the bed as I finally face him. His jaw clenches at my tone, but I don't back down.

"You said you were okay with it," he murmurs, his eyes locked on me.

"No, I didn't. I would never say that because I'm not. I never have been. There's no fucking way I could be." I clench my fists together in a failing attempt to calm my frayed emotions. "I gave myself to you, Jer. All of me. And you didn't even bother to stick around until the next morning. And when I finally tracked you down, you told me it was a mistake. That I was a mistake. That it never should have fucking happened!

"How the hell do you expect me to just go back to being friends with you after doing that? You were my fucking first, and you told me to just forget it ever happened like I'm some whore you toss aside after a one night stand!"

"I didn't mean it like—" I hold up my hand to stop him, continuing on my rant.

"Do you know how humiliating that was? To be treated like another one of your whores? I haven't even told my best fucking friend what happened because I'm so fucking ashamed!" I choke back tears, instead drawing on the anger that is simmering in my chest to get me through this. "I've regretted that night every single day since it happened. I wish I could take it back; I wish we could go back to the way things were, but we fucking can't. So yes, I'm still pissed. Because you were a mistake, Jeremiah!" I yell out the words, hoping the entire world can hear the truth of it.

His eyes turn cold. He just stares at me, his face void of emotion. Without another word he turns on his heel and storms out of the room, flinging the door open and then slamming it behind him with all of his might.

My breaths come in pants, my chest heaving as I glare after him. But not even a second later a flash of guilt and sorrow courses through me.

Why did I say that to him?

Why did I lie?

I shake my head as I try to hold my ground. This was months in the making. It needed to be done.

The door opens again and my heart leaps into my throat, an apology already on my tongue. But Ellie walks through looking back over her shoulder as if she is watching someone go.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Ellie asks as she walks over to the bed.

I don't look at her as I collapse into myself, my raised position on my knees no longer feasible as all energy drains out of me; my eyes stuck on the closed door.

"I have no idea," I murmur.

A/N OH SHIT!!!! Were y'all expecting that?? Don't even lie, I know you weren't. But damn, now y'all see the extent of Kaiydeen and Jeremiah's relationship. Do you guys like it? Or do you hope she just ignores Jeremiah and goes with Charlie?

Let me know!! I want to hear your opinions!!!

Y'all will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what happens next, UNLESS my new book The Cliche Gone Wrong gets up to 50 reads or up to 10 votes! You can also read my other book that's posted, No Mercy, and leave 5 likes on that, which will also earn you a new chapter! Otherwise, you'll just have to wait a little bit longer to see what happens to Kaiydeen. 

Comment, comment, comment!!

Much Love, 

Naomi