No Mercy Prologue

His Point of View

"Shit, we're late." I growl, running my fingers through my already messy hair. I can't believe that this is the first Council meeting I have ever been allowed to go to and we're already late. Granted, it's not our fault that our flight was delayed and we didn't get in until an hour ago, but still.

"We aren't that late," Becker tries to soothe me, but I cut him off with a glare.

"The meeting started 30 minutes ago!" I grumble, fiddling with my hands in my lap. "It's probably over by now! Luka is going to kill us."

Why aren't we there yet? My wolf growls wanting to hurt Becker for driving so slow.
"He's not going to kill-," Beck tries to reassure me again, but I cut him off.

"Drive faster, come on," I command leaning forward in my seat.

"Damn, with the way you're giving out commands you would think that you are the one that outranked me." He laughs lightly, but I hear the underlying hostility in his tone. I don't say anything as I lean forward in my seat, hoping that will help us get their faster.

My heart starts to calm a little as I feel the car accelerate.

You need to get there faster. My wolf, Kye, urges as he paces uneasy circles in my head. Can't you feel it? You need to hurry.

Feel what? I ask but he doesn't respond, too focused on us getting to the Ally House. I let out a relieved breath as we drift into the back parking lot.

There are only 5 cars back here; everyone else must be parked in the front.

I jump out of the car. I start to head toward the double doors which open into the backyard, but my wolf stops me.

No. The other side. Kye murmurs. I feel him pushing me to go around to the front of the house. Use the front door.

I crinkle my forehead in confusion, but follow his instructions.

"Where are you going?" Beck asks as he climbs out of the car. "The back door is right here. It's closer to the basement."

I don't answer as I start to walk around the building toward the front door. I hear Beck grumble behind me as he starts to follow, jogging to catch up.

Almost there. Kye pushes, struggling to get free so he can break into the sprint he so desperately wants me to.

Why are you acting so anxious? I ask as I continue to walk. Is someone in trouble? Is there danger?

No its- Kye cuts off mid-thought as we round the corner to the front yard and I see her.

I stop midstride, unable to focus on moving my feet forward because now she is the only thing on my mind.

Kye howls in the back of my mind. It's her!

Her face is turned up to the sky, the sun kissing her bronze cheeks as she laughs. She reaches her slender hands out in front of her and forms a circle with them in the air, making a movement that draws the laughter of the two men next to her.

I barely hold back the growl that wants to escape as I see their eyes lingering on her.

They shouldn't be looking at her. Kye bristles, snarling at the two men. She's ours.

I can't stop the smile from returning to my face though as she pays them no attention and lifts her face back to the warmth drifting down from the sun. I've finally found her. My whole life searching, and I've finally found her.