*REVISED* Chapter Thirty-two

"Rose?" Jeremiah asks, his hands suddenly absent from my waist as his forehead leans away from mine. "What're you doing here?"

I keep my arms locked around his neck, so he can't move too far away as I peer at this girl. Who is she?

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The furious little thing has her hand propped on her angrily cocked out hip. I resist the temptation to step on her like a bug. She's so short I could probably do it. "What the fuck is this, Jer?"

Her heeled toe taps impatient melodies on the dingy carpet near the entrance of the Best Buy. I look curiously between Jer and the straight-haired girl. Oh, this must be his ex. She must be mad that he's with someone else so soon after they broke up.

Eh. Tough titties.

My arms constrict around Jer's neck as I step a little closer to him, my eyes narrowing at the scene she is causing.

"What's going on?" I whisper to Jer, just loud enough so that the girl can hear as well.

He shakes his head as one of his hands returns to rest on my waist. I find comfort in the gesture, leaning even further into his embrace. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see Ellie standing behind me. Her face mirrors the confusion on Archer's.

"What's going on?" Ellie asks as her eyes dart between the three of us.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," I respond.

"No. I mean, why is Jer's arm around your waist when his girlfriend is right there?" Ellie whispers, her voice much louder than she realizes.

"You mean his ex-girlfriend," I correct Ellie with a coy smile.

"No, she means his girlfriend." Rose interrupts us, not bothering with the charade of whispering, the tapping of her foot increases as her glare passes between everyone in our group. "As in current. As in, why the fuck are your lips all over some slut when you just told me you loved me this last night?"

Everyone pauses, all of our eyes turning to Jeremiah. I feel a small crowd gather inauspiciously around us, patrons looking slower through the aisles as they try to listen in on our conversation.

"What's she talking about?" I ask as I slowly start to remove my arms from around his neck. His mouth has dropped open as well, his hands tightening around my waist to hold me closer as I start to pull away.

"I never said that," Jer's tone his harsh, his hand gently squeezing my wait in what is supposed to be a reassuring manner, but it only causes my heart to pump faster. "And we broke up weeks ago."

"No, we didn't." Rose crosses her arms over her chest, forcing the already apparent cleavage to spill even more from her top. "You may have started avoiding my calls and ignoring my text messages a couple weeks ago, but last night you said you loved me and that the last few months we spent together had been wonderful!"

"I didn't say that!" He furrows his eyebrows as a dark look takes over his face. "That's not where the conversation ended and you know it, Rose. You're taking my words out of context. I didn't mean it like that."

The look that crosses her face makes it seem as if Jeremiah just slapped her. I watch as she tries to mask the pain with a devious smile. "Well was it out of context when you said you loved me again after you fucked me the other night?"

My mouth drops open as I pull completely away from Jeremiah, forcing his hands off of my waist with my movements.

"Is that true?" My eyes study his face closely as I wait for him to answer. "You did that with her the other night?"