Chapter Forty Eight

~ Beyoncé Knowles's POV. ~

I scrolled through the door, half way sleepy and just ready to go to bed. I closed the door softly, locked the door, and walked upstairs.

"Please lord let Onika be sleep." I whispered as I opened the room door.

There she laid with tears rolling down her face and sad music playing. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked over to her.

"Baby what's the matter?" I questioned feeling disappointed that my baby was crying.

She wiped her tears, "I've been calling you all day. I needed you babe. I needed you."

"What happened baby? What's the fucking matter?" I questioned pulling her into a deep hug.

I could feel her tears on my tank top. I felt so bad for everything I did today. The love of my life needed me and I was there. Something had to me changed.

"August came over and told me who planned to kill you." She started. "He told me who was apart of it and everything babe."

"Well tell me baby." I said already having an idea of who she was talking about.

"It was Meek and Shawn." She mumbled hugging me even tighter.

My heart shattered as I stood. She had to be playing. My ex fiancé wouldn't have the heart to kill me. At one point of time, he loved me. He participate in such a cruel action.

"My ex fiancé?" I questioned as a tear roll down my face.

I felt her nodded her head between my breast.

"Wow.... how did he know?" I asked feeling overwhelmed.

My mind wasn't even in the right state of mind. I felt like someone shoot me in the back.

"He was apart of it." She whispered weakly.

"What?!" I yelled pulling out of her hug.

"They put his family on the line, so he couldn't do anything." She broke down.

I sat on the floor and pulled my legs to my chest. We sat in silence for a while. I guess both of us were trying to clear out head. This was too much for us to only be in a relationship for a few months.

"Onika, do you think we should be in a relationship?" I asked her.

Her head popped up and a worried look came over her.

"What are you trying to say Bey?"

"I didn't have all of these problems when I was with Jay or when I was single. Sometimes holding on is the real issue." I mumbled looking at the floor.

She rushed over to me and kissed my face, "You're not going anywhere. We can't give up on each other."

"I'm serious Onika, maybe it's best we leave each other alone. We don't need our friends getting killed for us being in a relationship."

"But baby they're in jail. They can't do anything to us now. Don't talk like that." She cried in my arms.

"Onika stop crying. They have people outside of jail to do their jobs."

"So it's over?" She whispered with a face full of tears.