Chapter 27

Chapter 27

‘’RUN ELLIE RUN!’’ Blake bellowed as I sprinted as quickly as I could. It was Thursday, competition day!

Each teams had to go through a series of activities, and the group that won the most would win. Currently the activity was to sprint 100m, work out how a challenge, then sprint back. Unluckily, my turn was to work out how to make a fire. After sitting struggling and finally lighting a small itsy fire, I sprinted back as quickly as possible. Blake who was the next runner was getting agitated.

‘’COME ON, WE’RE ALREADY RUNNING THIRD!’’ Blake yelled.

‘’’SO WHAT? THERE’S TEN TEAMS!’’ i shouted back as I came to a halt as I crossed the line.

But before Blake could reply he shot off as fast as a grenade and reached the other end to finish whatever challenge he had to do.

‘’Man that was hard,’’ I said panting as I rested my hands on my knees.

‘’what was your challenge?’’ Grace asked.

The ones who were done could lounge on the grass and wait and cheer, but honestly it was too hot to do any cheering, so now everybody was just talking and occasionally paying attention to the runners.

‘’I had to build a stupid fire,’ I said as I sat down next to Grace and tried to get my breath back.

‘’whoa that’s pretty tough, I just had to work out different places with a frikkin compass,’’ she said smiling.

‘’These challenges are so lame,’’ I said.

‘’their all survival skills dumb butt,’’ Grace chuckled.

‘’yeah, I got reading the map, it was boring as hell, it was like geography torture all over again,’’ Elliot said sighing.

‘’what did you get?’’ I asked Kyle.

‘’stamina test,’’ he smirked.

‘’what’s that?’’ Grace asked.

‘’basically we had to jog on the spot for 2 minutes, then take our pulse to see how fit we were, honestly I don’t know how that helps in ‘’survival skills’’, ‘’ Kyle said flicking off some grass.

Just then Blake came back as he flapped his shirt trying to get rid of the sweat.

‘’hey man that was quick,’’ Kyle greeted.

‘’yeah it was easy as hell,’’ Blake said rolling his eyes as he sat down next to us.

‘’what was it?’’ Elliot asked.

‘’build a frikkin tent,’’ he rolled his eyes.

We all laughed as we continued watching our teammates. In the end we came second.

‘’no worries guys, second is amazing, we came first for the first challenge, after lunch there’s two more, if we get top three spots for those as well, then we’ll definitely make it to the top 3 in the finales,’’ the instructor encouraged. ‘’’Now go grab lunch,’’ she said flapping us off.

First challenge was to build a raft that fit all of our teammates, and be able to paddle our way through some floating balls placed in the ocean then paddle back.

We came first for this one, partly because we had ninja raft making skills, and partly because everybody was pretty light, nobody was overly obese and we only had 6 extremely muscled guys. After lunch we headed back to the beach and saw on the tables were different foods.