Chapter 4

Luna's POV

I can't believe they already found out I was in this general area. When I had told him who it was, he had ran out with his beta and went to kill them all. I really need to talk to him about his temper and killing people. I hope he at least captures one of them. I don't want to get revenge and torture them. I just want to figure out why they would do such a thing.

I lay down on the bed and try to calm down. I hope Tanner is alright. I don't think I could ever live with myself if he got hurt protecting me. I know I didn't want a mate, but the more time I spend with him, the harder it seems to leave. He comes back in the room after a hour fuming.

"We couldn't find them. Where the hell did they go? They couldn't of gotten far. I swear, when I get my hands on them, I will kill them all."

"Tanner, you need to calm down. I told you. They are only found when they want to be. Obviously, they wanted the guards to see them so you would get all riled up."

He sat down next to me and pulls me into his lap. "Tanner, I think we need to talk."

"What is it Luna?"

"You need to have more control of your wolf. You get irritated and then you kill people. Granted, I have never witnessed any of this, but I know you have by the look on your face. I don't think I could live with someone that does that. They are innocent, but just happen to be the last person to talk to you or get in your way before you blow up."

"I know. I'm sorry. It was the stress of being an alpha and honestly, I didn't even think I would have a mate. I was so mad at the world. Then I found you."

"Okay, but still not a good enough reason for killing innocent people. Anyways, I know this subject is going to come up sooner or later, so I think now is better than later. How is this going to work?"

"What do you mean?"

"Look, unless we get them first, they will kill everyone here. So, I may have to be on the move. I will always come back to you though. But, the real question is, um... the one thing."

"Mating and marking?"

"Yes."

"I'm not going to force you into anything you don't want to do, but I will be honest. My wolf is getting restless with you being unmated. Especially with the possibility of you being taken. There are a lot of rogues out there that would take any girl they find and mark her as his own."

"Okay. I know that. I am just not ready yet."

"Okay, and like I said, I will never force you into something you don't want to do."

"Thank you."

He pulls me in closer and grabs the blankets to cover us. I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I am so tired and that stupid mate pull thing wouldn't leave me alone. I snuggle into his chest and slowly drift off into sleep.

Tanner's POV

I feel her breathing start to steady out and I just lay there holding her. She was so petite and looked so helpless when she was like this. It makes me wonder how she made it out there by herself. She was strong though. I lean down a little and kiss her on the forehead, making her snuggle into my chest even more. My wolf purrs in satisfaction. The first time I met her, I would have never thought that I would be this close to her without her fighting me. Her reaction when she first met me really brought me down, but my wolf knew that she would come around eventually.

There was a soft knock on the door and I mumble a come in, hoping I don't wake Luna up. I look down and she is still asleep. Ashton comes in with a guy in hand. I instantly put my Luna behind me, causing her to wake up with a start. She tries to get around me to see who it was, but I won't allow her to. Finally she just dodges my arms and goes around me. When she sees who it is, she stops in her tracks.